10: A Heated Summer Day (Part 2)

Reeve walks over to Vanessa's house and knocks on her door. Vanessa opens it and eyes Reeve. 

"Hey Reeve...what's up?", she asks curiously.

Reeve shakes his head and looks at the ground, "It's nothing you need to worry about...", he then looks up at her and nervously says, "Can I stay here with you for a minute?" Vanessa nods and let's him inside, shutting the door behind him. She leads him up to her room, which is covered in posters and painted purple, and has him sit on the bed next to her.

"Okay Reeve, what's really going on?", she asks with concern as she she puts a hand on his shoulder, "You know I can tell when your upset."

Reeve looks at her and sighs, "Fine...if you really wanna know. Me and Adam had a dumb fight earlier today, and I just needed some space." 

Vanessa nods again, "I get it, the other three drive me crazy sometimes," she smiles with a hint of blush on her cheeks, "Well, maybe not all three of them but you get what I mean." Reeve sighs and buries his head in his hands. 

"I shouldn't have yelled at him like that. I hate to admit it...but", Reeve rubs his temples, "I feel bad about what I said."

"Well, how are you gonna make it up to him?", Vanessa asked with her arms crossed. Reeve thought for a moment, suddenly an idea popped into his head. That's it!

Adam hurried over to Mira's place and urgently knocked on her door. 

Mira answered and smiled at him, "Hey, Adam! What's going o-"

"Mira I need your help", Adam interrupted as he ran a hand through his hair, "me and Reeve just had this big fight and I need your advice on how to apologize to him." Mira stared at him for a moment and then nodded.

"I got the perfect idea!", she smiled and let Adam inside.

As the day came to end, both boys began heading home. Adam got there first however. He laid a tablecloth on the table, set the food onto their assigned plates, and lit a few candles. He got dressed in his best suit and tie and waited for Reeve's arrival. After a few minutes the front door opened and in came Reeve. Reeve held a bouquet of roses with a slip of paper tied on the side of them. He saw the decorated table and was shocked.

"Adam what is...". Adam walked up to him and gently grabbed his hand. 

"I did this for you, to apologize about earlier, " Adam blushed, "I know I hurt you and I'm sorry, and because of that I wanted to make it up to you; with a dinner date." Reeve stared at Adam, his face blushing red, not knowing what to say.

"I-I...", was all he could muster up. Adam smiled and led him to his chair. Adam pulled it out for him, Reeve sat in it, and Adam pushed the chair back in. Adam then took a seat in his own across from Reeve. "Well, I was going to surprise you with these", Reeve said handing Adam the bouquet, "but it looks like you beat me to the punch." Adam smiled and read the note attached to it. It read; To my one and only Adam, I'm sorry about what I said before, hope these roses make you feel better. --Reeve 

Adam smelled the flowers and glanced at Reeve, "Wow, I love them, but I didn't know you were the romantic-feely type", Adam chuckled. 

Reeve rolled his eyes playfully, "It was Vanessa's idea." Both then broke out into laughter.

Adam then looked at Reeve and grinned, "So?"

Reeve smiled and gave an over exaggerated sigh, "Okay Okay...I forgive you." Adam smiled, bent over the table slightly, and kissed Reeve passionately on the lips. Reeve kissed back, and after a minute broke the kiss. 

"Did that kiss make you feel better this time?~", Adam asked flirtatiously.

Reeve smirked and averted his gaze, blushing bright red, "Maybe..."