Part One: An Open Discussion

Start from the beginning

"Heh. I guess it helps." He let the warmth of her personality soften his tension and his eyes half shut for a brief second. "I think I'm gonna go outside to.. you know.. mutter some more." He joked back. "B-But if you feel like it, you can join me. It's not that wet out there, I can dry off a spot for us on the porch." He offered it, not really sure what he sought for in response.

She seemed surprised by his invitation, and smiled, her cheeks exhibiting that kind blush they tended to do during a pleasant conversation. "I'd love to sit with you and listen to you mutter," she paused a moment after the comment and added; "though I was just heading up to bed. I think Tsu wanted to visit my room and discuss something. I hope you don't mind." Her voice made it clear that she felt as though she was letting him down.

Deku lifted his hands in a halting position. "No! It's fine. I wasn't really expecting anyone to come with me, so I'm not actually entirely sure why I asked." He did have a special place in his heart for her, maybe just because of how kind she always was. "You can go rest, you already planned this out with Tsu, so you should go." He tried not to sound hurt, because he honestly wasn't, but saying that in any confident tone was difficult.

"Are you sure?" She asked about halfway through turning to head to her room.

"Yeah. I'm sure." He flashed a sweet smile to her as he put his hand on the door.

She provided a quick "okay" and then cautiously went on her way. Deku stood there and watched her go for a bit before returning to his focus and opening the door.

The noises of the outside world greeted him as he stepped out. He could hear the cars and the wind, and yet some birds as well. It was nice here. There was a smell of petrichor as he made his way to the steps. With some release of energy he plopped down onto a stair step and unintentionally let out a sigh. He tried to pinpoint where he had left off with his mental rambling, and ended up back at his question about what exactly quirks were. As he was finally starting to get back into his train of thought, he was once again snapped to the world around him as someone else started talking to him.

"Hey- hey kid are you alright?" The thin, yet quite easily identified figure of All Might was now in front of him, trying to wave him back to reality.

Startled and embarrassed, Deku sat himself up and shook away his ramblings. "A-All Might! Sorry! I was rambling.. Well.. I was thinking." He tried not to sweat awkwardly as he scratched the side of his face.

The slender man gave one of his lower, single chuckles that really felt more like a release of breath than an intended laugh. "Well I didn't mean to stop your thinkin'." He smiled at him in attempts to help calm him down.

"I just came out here to not bother anyone with my muttering and then you came around and I-" he stopped and thought, "why are you out here anyway?"

All Might shrugged it off and started to casually explain to the best he could. "I thought I should visit some of the kids who were involved in all.. the recent stuff. Just to make sure they were doin' okay. With the police investigations and the interviews, it would be easy for some of them to end up needing help. I just wanted to make sure they had a way to ask for some if they did." He said in a calm tone.

"Oh." Deku responded simply, not sure why he had wondered. It made sense.

"And it's not like I had anything better to do about now." The teacher added on, lightening the mood when he saw the kid revert to his contemplative expression.

Without hesitating much further, All Might sat down next to him and put his hands on his knees in a relaxed sit. "So tell me what it is."

Confused and disrupted, Midoriya blinked and looked up at him. "What what is?"