Lora nodded still slowly backing away. she was almost to the kitchen door.

"I know, they're pretty heavy sleepers though" Herobrine shrugged "besides, I want to know why Briar isn't here and this girl is" he said stepping towards Lora. Before he could take another she darted into the kitchen and locked to door behind her.

"Great, now you scared her" Steve said crossing his arms and glaring at Herobrine. He only shrugged.

"I'm a terrifying person, it prides me to know I still have it" he smirked.

Steve rolled his eyes "let's just find the stuff we came for and get going. She'll move before we get to her and who knows how long it'll be before we find her again"

"I know" hero snorted "The ropes downstairs. I'll go get the potions" Steve nodded and headed for the steps. Herobrine walked upstairs towards the attic.

Lora listened from the kitchen. intrigued, she grabbed a knife from one of the drawers and followed Steve towards the basement.

Lucky for her, in the chase with the twins they didn't lead her too far down into it. unluckily, she didn't know she to expect an actual dungeon and torture chamber.

Even as she was looking around nervous and watching for traps she could see Steve calmly walking through it all as if it were totally normal for him. She shook her head and tried to catch up. Her plan was simple, get close enough to jump him and get the information she needed. easy right?

She was almost behind him now, hiding behind one of the small walks of a cell. She could hear his footsteps leading away but when she poked her head out to see where he was she couldn't find him.

She crept out quietly and almost immediately after she was forced to the ground. The knife clattered to the floor and was kicked out of reach by a boot. She felt his knee in her back holding her down. with a sigh she stopped, not fighting back.

"Why are you following me?" Steve asked. She tried to shake her head but that kinda hard when your face is shoved into the ground.

"Is that really any of your business?" Lora spat back "get off me"

The knee was pressed in harder and something cold was pushed agains the back of her neck.

"I think it'd be in your best interest to tell me why you were following me" Steve said in a casual tone. Notch, she hasn't ever heard of him being as cold blooded as his brother.

"I was curious" she said annoyed "happy? now get off me!" she tried to push him off. she almost unbalanced him, but whatever type of blade he had pressed against her neck dug down deeper and she felt its prick then warmth creeping across her skin.

"Okay! Okay how about this? You let me go, I leave, you watch the kids and explain to their mom why I'm not here alright?" Lora offered. "Everyone wins"

Steve chuckled and the pressure on her back fell away leaving a weird, ghost feeling. She stood up quickly and turned to face him, one hand going to the back of her neck. When she drew it away there was blood.

"Listen, all I had wanted to know was why you were following me okay?" Steve said cleaning off his knife "I've got a feeling you've dealt with negotiations before though so I'm going to ask another question. answer wrong, you won't have another chance to answer okay?" Lora took a moment before nodding. Steve smirked.

"Why are you babysitting when you're obviously a trained assassin?" he asked. Lora's eyes went wide.

"How'd you-" she stopped stunned.

Steve laughed "I've been attacked before. Trust me, I know" his tone made it seem like he had as much experience- and something along the lines of comfort- that he was calm. as if the whole thought of being attacked daily weren't worrying just normal like walking.