"Don't do this," Stefan begged, "Don't do this."

"I didn't want to. All I wanted was your allegiance. Now I'm going to have to take it."

"Don't, don't," Stefan whimpered.

"You will do exactly as I say when I say it," Klaus compelled him causing Stefan to stop struggling in his grip, "You will not run. You will not hide. You will simply just obey."

Charlotte had made her way to Dana and Chad, she was trying to pull them towards the doors, knowing once Stefan was compelled, he wouldn't be able to do anything but kill them. Dana and Chad had been told to sit tight, they felt like they couldn't move properly but the loophole she was working with was that if she tugged them away, perhaps it would be okay and they could leave. She knew Klaus would most likely stop them before they made it even to the doors but if she couldn't help Stefan she could at least try with them.

"No," Elena cried out in horror, "Stefan–"

"Now," Klaus was smiling at Stefan as he commanded him, "kill them, Ripper."

The veins appeared beneath Stefans eyes and he leapt from his place. As he sped forwards Klaus did too, moving and snatching Charlotte out of the way before Stefan reached Dana and Chad. Charlotte could feel her heart pounding in her chest at the near miss and as much as she wanted to sink into his grip she knew she had to pull herself away. 

"I did just save your life be a little grateful darling," Klaus snarked out. 

"I wouldn't need saving if it wasn't for you," Charlotte spat, pulling herself out from his grip. She could see he wanted to reply, likely with some equally snarky remark but she turned away, towards Elena. Klaus followed, crouching on Elena's other side to goad her in absence of Charlotte.

"It's always nice to see a vampire in his true element," here Klaus paused, a grin on his face as he looked between the two girls he was taunting, "The species has become such a broody lot."

"No," Elena was shaky as she replied, "you did this to him."

"I invited him to the party, love. He's the one dancing on the table."

Charlotte pulled Elena to her feet and away from Klaus. She couldn't stop what was happening but at least if Elena didn't have to watch, they could both pretend they weren't hearing Stefan murdering her classmates.

Elena's hand was still clutched in hers gratefully and she felt it squeeze tighter in shock as the doors slammed open, Rebekah storming in.

"Where is it?" Rebekah cried furiously, "Where's my necklace?"

Klaus snarled at her interjection, "What are you talking about?"

"She has my necklace," Rebekah whined now holding out a phone for Klaus to see, "Look!"

Klaus had a smile covering his face now, "Well, well," He looked between Elena, Stefan, and Charlotte, "More lies."

"I don't have it anymore," Elena stammered out.

Charlotte knew it wasn't a good enough answer. Klaus would be mad at her response and so as she spoke, Charlotte used their joined hands to pull Elena behind her hoping she could use herself as a barrier between her and their anger. As soon as Elena was behind her it seemed, Rebekah's rage overcame her and she leapt at them, too caught up in her fury to realise that Charlotte stood in Elena's place.

"You're lying!" Rebekah screamed as she flew forward.

Charlotte felt a sharp pain in her neck that rose into a burning hot throbbing. There was pressure as Rebekah greedily pulled the blood from her neck, pushing hard against Charlotte until she was ripped away.