"You don't give up, do you?" Klaus asked, twirling a paper umbrella between his fingers.

"Give me my brother and sister back and you'll never have to see me again, take me for them."

"I'm not sure if you for Charlie is quite a fair trade. One of you is certainly a lot prettier than the other. And well, I am torn. You see, I promised Stefan I wouldn't let you die but how many freebies did I really sign up for. And clearly you want to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here, so.." Klaus trailed off, smile twitching up a little as Charlotte put her hand on his arm. He knew it was meant to calm him, to stop him doing anything rash, but he felt joy seeing Damons eyes flicker between them both.

"Nik, don't," Charlotte spoke low trying to prevent the inevitable.

"What can I say?" Damon smiled, "I'm a thrill seeker."

Klaus grabbed Damons throat, holding him up and Charlotte tightened her grip on him with fright, her nails digging into his shirt. Klaus moved quickly as he stood from his seat, he was shaking her hand from him for once as he held Damon by his throat in the air.

"Oh dear what was that?" Klaus groaned, speeding them away from Charlotte, "I'm a little boozy, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few tries."

"Let him go I swear to god–"

Klaus ignored her, speeding to the other side of the bar he stabbed Damon with the tip of the paper umbrella he'd been fiddling with, "No, thats not it. Hmm," he pulled it from him before plunging it in again, and again speeding to another corner of the bar as Charlotte approached. 

"Nik stop–" Charlotte was cut off by Damon's scream of pain and she shut her eyes, willing the moment to end.

"Oh almost," Klaus taunted.

"You want a partner in crime?" Damon asked, "Forget Stefan and Charlie, I'm so much more fun."

"Nik, let him go right now," Charlotte called again, her voice furious, any trace of fright or uncertainty gone. He ignored her and she smashed the bottle they'd been drinking against the bar. If Klaus was paying better attention he would've laughed, did she forget that vampires were vulnerable to wood not glass?

Klaus threw Damon from where they were standing, a table in the corner was where Damon landed and it crumpled beneath him as he strode over.

"You won't be any fun after you're dead," Klaus' voice was cold as he ripped leg from the chair, tossing and catching it easily as he stalked to Damon.

Klaus raised the stake in the air, ready to plunge when he realised he could smell blood, a lot of blood. Charlotte in desperation, knowing that Klaus wasn't listening to her and wasn't stopping, did the only thing she could think of that might distract him. 

With the splintered bottle in hand, she'd plunged the glass into her stomach. The pain was beyond anything she could've pictured, and she let out a groan of agony. She didn't think she exactly had a choice, Klaus was going to kill her brother, he wouldn't listen to her, and he wouldn't let her near. So, she did the only thing she could think of to draw his attention quickly. 

"Oh, shit," she whispered, regretting her decision immediately. 

The bottle fell to the floor as her eyes locked on the blood that had begun pouring from her stomach, dripping down her legs and even pooling on the ground below her. Klaus who'd turned at the smell of blood, looked around just in time to hear Charlottes muttering of regret coupled with the smashing of the remainder of the bloody bottle as she clutched her hand to quell the bleeding.

"What have you done," Klaus dropped the stake, abandoning Damon, as he rushed over to her. Catching her as she wavered he sped her to the bar, placing her where they'd once sat.