« bonus chapter (morning coffee) »

hihi everyone!! so today marks the two year anniversary of 'wrong number' being published. i cannot stress how much i love each and every single one of you guys for loving this book as much as i do! i wouldn't have gotten here without you guys, so from the bottom of my heart, i thank you guys :,) on a side note though, i was reading through this earlier and i— my writing🤢 i sure hope i got better cause... ew. but without further ado, i present my present for you guys, 'morning coffee' :))

mark leaned against the doorframe to his shared bedroom with his husband with two mugs in hand. he gripped his lion mug that donghyuck and his son, jaewoo, gotten him for his birthday a while back by the tail handle and brought it up to his lips, pulling it back immediately and wincing as the contents burned his tongue.

the early morning light filtered through the curtains, washing the room with a soft glow and illuminating the still-asleep figure buried underneath their pillows and sheets. donghyuck was sprawled on his stomach, his newly dyed honey brown mop of hair peeked out of their oversized furry blanket.

he was beautiful every minute–no, every second–of the day, but like this... him at that moment, caught on the thin line between dreaming and reality, donghyuck truly looked radiant and ethereal. even after a rough night of soothing their jaewoo, who was having nightmares and had trouble falling back asleep, donghyuck under the soft light in this very moment captured his true beauty.

and it was mark's favorite part of the day.

with a soft smile, mark approached the bed, setting his mug onto the nightstand and keeping a firm grip on hyuck's favorite yellow sunflower mug. carefully, he leaned across the bed and ever so gently placed a kiss on donghyuck's parted lips.

"good morning, sunshine," he whispered against hyuck's soft lips.

donghyuck scrunched his nose as he was pulled from his dreams, and mark's heart melted. he kissed him once more, this time lingering until donghyuck's eyes appeared underneath his feather like lashes. he let out a groan and softly kissed back.

"hmm," he hummed as he smiled into the kiss. "morning honey."

"i brought you coffee," mark presented the yellow mug to hyuck. he shifted to sit up, struggling against the pulls of sleep before he finally managed to lean his back against the headboard of their bed and took the offered mug into his hands.

the brew is light brown, mixed with creamer and sugar until one could no longer distinguish it from dessert.

just the way donghyuck liked it.

"wow, look at you," donghyuck teased, raspiness still lingered in his voice. but he's smiled and took a deep inhale before letting out a content sigh.

and there was that familiar tug at mark's heart again. he felt himself smile as he watched donghyuck closed his eyes and took a small sip from the mug. he leaned into mark and mark settled back against the headboard next to him with his own mug and everything between them goes quiet for a moment.

mark took a swig from his mug. the bitter taste of dark, rich coffee washed over his tongue and down his throat. he let out a satisfied sigh.

donghyuck gently laid his head on mark's shoulder as mark brought his mug down. he glanced into the mug and let out a huff in amusement.

"black like your heart," donghyuck mumbled.

mark chuckled. "you love my heart."

they simultaneously took another sip, both melting into each other's warmth as they sat there in silence. it was one of the few days their boy hadn't woken up before them, and they were basking in the quietness throughout the house.

donghyuck took one last long drink from his mug, letting out an exaggerated satisfied sigh as he finished. he flashed mark a smile. "ya know, a guy could get used to you bringing him coffee everyday."

"hmm, don't count on it."

donghyuck let out his own hum in response as he melted further into mark's warmth. "that's what you said last time. and the time before that."

"i guess i'm growing weak against you, sunshine," mark mused as he lifted his arm up and snaked it around donghyuck's shoulder.

donghyuck yawns, and slipped his arm around mark's torso, his empty mug still in hand as he settled against mark. "don't look at me, you started it."

with a chuckle, mark gently took donghyuck's mug before he got too comfortable and let go. he set it, and his own, safely onto the nightstand and eased into donghyuck's hold.

and then they sat there, basking in the soft sunlight illuminating through their window as the serene silence slowly lulled them back to sleep.