History_Biography of Hannibal

Hannibal

Hannibal was born 247 BC in Carthrage, he died in 183/181 BC in Libyssa, when he died, he could have been 64, 65 or 66 years old. Hannibal was a Carthaginian general who is commonly considered the greatest military commander in our world's history. Being an army commander ran in his family – His father, both younger brothers and a brother-in-law were military commanders. Hannibal lived in a period of great tension in the Mediterranean Sea, because of Roman Republics expansion. In 218 BC the Second Punic war broke out because Hannibal attacked Saguntum, an ally of Rome. When full-scale war started he surprised the Romans by moving his war elephants over the Alps. And won decisive battles over the Romans eventually taking over several cities allied to Rome. However, the Roman started fighting an Attrition war with Hannibal lost and was forced to retreat. Later he acted as a military advisor for Antiochus III the Great, but when Antiochus lost a battle he was forced to retreat and eventually was caught and given to the court of Bithynia. After that he betrayed the Romans and committed suicide by poisoning himself.

Yeah, this one is shorter than the last one, but the Teacher asked for a short biography and not a Wikipedia page of information. And Prudie don't you dare steal this!