Missing something-Short Story-Part 3

"OK. We have been getting checks all week what is so special about this one?" she asks calming down and glaring at me.

"I will tell you as soon as the others get here" as I say it the doorbell rings and I open the door to see my three best friends. I looked at them to see shock on all their faces. This is the first time I have invited them over. I remember when I first saw the house. It was an old Victorian house .it was three stories high. It had about 6 bedrooms and 3 baths. The outside was painted bright salmon while the inside was light pastel colors. They stood there just staring. I understand all too well. It is quite tacky looking, but with what I held in my hand I could fix that. So to break them out of there gazing I cleared my throat and begin to tell them the news.

"In my hand I am holding a check." I begin, "but not just any check this check is for $1,000,000. It is from Matthew Despain" They are all look at me. Their mouths are hanging open.

"Ar-are you serious?" Ms. Tanner asks.  I nod my head and watch as she starts to fall to the floor I reach her and stop her from hitting the floor just in time. I hand her over to the girls while I go make a phone call to make.

------------------------

one more part to upload and im done

song: Please Remember Me By Tim McGraw