As she continued to jibber, I took her in. She was a very pretty girl even though she seemed a bit on the hippy side and I don't mean modern day hippy. I mean those from the seventies. Her skin was wasn't too dark and her hair was short and full of tight curls but beautiful. Not to mention that she had a set of lips most girl's would kill for. Pulling a twizzler from the pocket of her shirt she begin to chew the tip as she spoke. "I'm from Oklahoma. What about you?"

" Alabama ". I said.

" Bama in the house". She shouted lowering her voice deeply.

"Come on, I'll help you get your boxes". She said hopping up dropping her half eaten twizzler on her unkempt bed.

Really having no choice I accepted her help even though I'd rather be alone to digest all this newness. Jensey skipped along at a rapid pace so that I nearly had to speed walk to keep up with her. She flirted with every guy we passed and wasn't afraid that they'd know it. Once back in our dorm I begin to unpack and sure enough Jensey invited herself to help. "Wow, you don't have much". She stated.

" I have what I need. Besides I like my space clear and airy". I said as I situated my small cactus plant on my desk.

"Was that a shot at my side of the room?" Jensey laughed.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe. Yea, I think it was".

Jensey laughed. "Okay then miss tidy queen." . She grinned as she rumpled my immaculate bed covers.

"You bitch". I laughed and smoothed them back out.

" Chelly, girl you could use some excitement in your life".

"Trust me I have had excitement and it turned out bad so no thank you". I said leaving it at that.

Thankfully Jensey didn't pry and continued helping me with settling in. We were nearing the bottom of the last box when I heard Jensey whoop. "Whoah, hubba hubba. Who is this fine specimen?"

Jerking my head around I saw her holding a framed picture of Duel. "Let me have that". I snapped reaching for it but Jensey held it out of reach still admiring it.

" Who is this? He looks so bad and sinful ". She swooned.

" because he is and he's nobody" I said trying to snatch the photo away.

"He your boyfriend?"

" Ex. Ex boyfriend. Mistake... so we can leave it at that". I demanded.

"Hmmmm.... I bet he was good in bed. I mean just look at those dark eye's and that devilish smirk". She continued.

" Ugh". I groaned finally retrieving the picture from her grasp. I tossed it back in the box to forget about it but Jensey quickly scooped it out and placed it on my night stand.

"Put that back. I don't want to see him first thing in the morning" . I hissed.

"Girl if you wanted to forget you wouldn't have brought it along".

" I brought it along as a reminder. A reminder of what my next relationship shouldn't be like". I said sternly.

"That bad huh?" She questioned .

Do some odd reason I opened up to her a little and it felt good. Back home I really had no one to talk to about Duel because most didn't like him. With Jensey I saw no judgement. "Let's just say he made me fall for him with no intentions of living me back or not loving me as much as he did the other girl. Long story short he basically ran off to be with her and I haven't heard from him sense".

Double Vexation ( A Harper's series. book 11) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें