Chapter 36

Louis-

"I hate you." I cross my arms and faced the window ignoring Zayn. I hear him let out a sigh. We were in his car driving back home from my family house in Doncaster. Zayn and I of course made up. He is my best friend, what else could I do. We had a wonderful Christmas with the his family and ours. We were just bickering like we usually do.

"You know we have 3 more hours till we get back to our place. You are going to have to talk to me." I hit my head against the car window. This is going to be one long car ride. I lay on my seat, reclining the seat trying to fall asleep, but I have to much energy. I pulled out my phone and see what was up with the internet. As I was opening my Instagram app, I had a notification from Skype. I click on the notification and see that I have a pending call from Liam. I haven't talk to him in a while. Of course the texts from time to time, but I haven't seen him face to face not since...

I shook the memory from my head and took a deep breath before answering the call. On my phone screen Liam popped up. The room was that well lit, but I could see the lad face clearly.

"It has been so long since I seen your face Louis!" exclaims Liam. I let a laugh telling Liam that I missed him too. "I'm sorry I'm being weird but the last time I actually saw you was weeks ago."

"Ya it has been a while." I give Liam a small smile which he returns

"Hey Payno!" Zayn yells from the driver seat. Liam yells back to Zayn and then the two burst into laughter which causes me to laugh along with them. Liam continues by telling us how LA was and how he was enjoying it.

"But I was glad that I got to go home for Christmas with my mum and dad." Was Liam in England? I should be happy that Liam could be here, but I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Don't tell me you were England and you didn't visit us." said Zayn. Liam shakes his head saying that he went to our apartment the other day, but we weren't there. 

"But have no fear, I am going to be here until Thursday for New years." It was already Tuesday so Liam was going to stay another two days. I mentally panic not knowing what to do. I know that Liam and I broke it off cause he left and stuff, but what if like he wants to get together. There is Harry, but he hasn't really talked me since the night at Aalia. This couldn't be happening. I know Harry will come around and I have a feeling that he will do it before New Years when Liam is here.

I am brought back to reality when Liam tells us that he has to go. He had a couple of papers to do for the company. We both say goodbye to him and the screen goes black. I completely blanked the last five minutes, I am hoping that Zayn did do anything stupid.

"Are you not excited Lou!" exclaimed Zayn. I give the lad a confused look. "Since I was being the amazing friend I am, I invited Liam to stay until he had to go since he had no apartment and all. He's staying at a local hotel, but we can't let a friend of our be in a hotel when we have enough room in our place." I put on a fake smile acting super excited that Liam was staying, but really I felt the opposite.

...

My face lights up as I saw the lights of our apartment building. Since we switched positions I was now the driver while Zayn was fast asleep. It was around one in the morning and I could feel my eyes droop. Luckily I found a parking space close to the building and I quickly took the spot. I shook Zayn awake saying that we were home. He mumbles something before getting up from his seat. I got out of the car and the cold air invaded my body. It was snowing lightly in London and it was cold. I zipped up my jacket and locked the door, following Zayn into the building. We both rushed to the elevator wanting to be home as soon as possible.