Chapter four: The game of a thousand voices

Start from the beginning

it wasnt long before Azreal was back on track sprinting north after Asset C who had just LEFT her. she then abruptly stopped running and began to stare up at tall wall of stone the wall was littered with vines crawling up the side. there was a rather large pond infront of the wall that looked to be at least 30ft wide. The pond had a couple of boulders in the middle along with a crazy fast current that led into waterfall. she had just breached the tree line a now stood staring at this pond from a small beach.She watched as the water flowed off the edge of the cliff it was truly beautiful. Azreal followed the beach to the cliff were she looked over the edge to see a small lake with a couple of rocks and a fallen down trees on the beach around the lake. She then took a deep breath and sat down on the ground hanging her feet off the edge of the cliff, she had be running for hours in fear of her pursuer. The sun had begun to set over the tree tops its orange rays radiating the last of its light over the lake below. crickets then began to creek as the night life of the game park came to life. Azreal looked around her surroundings for she had begun to get this feeling in the bottom of her stomach that she was being watched. She didn't see anything but she decided that it would be best to keep moving maybe west this time. so she stood up and began to walk twards the trees. Thats when she began to her a clicking noice, not one of a cricket no but one of something much larger. She began to breath heavily could this be the hunter?  was she going to die!?the clicking got louder and louder as her heart began to race faster and faster she should run, so she did. she turned around and began to run. though she made it three paces before she bumped into something and fell on her butt. she looked up to see nothing but forest, she was sure she hit something though"W-159 what are you doing?" she hear Asset C's voice from behind her few she had found him. though when she turned around to yell at him it was not Asset C she saw. but rather a very large creature around 7 to 8 feet tall creature with yellow and brown scale looking skin, the creature wore a metal mask with large black slits for the eyes. he also wore dark metal armor around his chest and wrist gauntlets around his forearms, he wore a lite weight looking fish net under his armor like chain maille. the crearture had long black dread locks that flowed down his shoulders. he wore an assortment of weapons all looking to be different kinds of blades, the creature let out that clicking sound again before drawin two blades from his gauntlets "shit" Azreal said to her self before turning and running in the oposit direction. there was a soft metalik sound of metl sliding across metl before pain rushed through her body as blood flooded to her mouth and she fell to the ground motionless.

Zenkiath's POV

I began to walk over to the body of the Ooman female when I heard a loud scream. i stopped in my tracts and looked in the direction of the noice, the scream was one of extreme pain and sounded rather feminine. best to claim my trophy then check it out. I looked back to the body of the female but was surprised when i saw that it was gone, the only thing left were my twin blades laying in the dirt spotless of any blood.I quickly looked around scanning for any body heat but found non, i could have sworn that i killed her so were did she go. this was confuing, i bent down and picked up my twin blades and reattached them to my gauntlets. I should find were that scream came from. i activated my cloaking device and jumped up into the trees and began to run north.

Azreal's POV

i had been running for hours when i felt enormous pain as if a lion had just clawed me only 20,000 times worse. i let out a very loud scream of pain and clutched the side of my stomach were i felt the warm sensation of my own blood. it was only minutes before i fell to my knees in pain. my hand was soked, the pain was outworldly. i probably cave away my position with that scream, i should get moving again. I pulled my self to my feet and pressed harder on my wound to keep the pressure. I began to stumble and stagger from tree to tree my vision blurring in both eyes, i knew what had happened i had seen the whole thing, i knew the other me was gone and this wound was a punishment for losing the other me. a punishment from wherever i got this power.