-Chapter 11: Crush-

Misaki could not stop herself from laughing in her car as she drove home with Takumi's car trailing behind. What an interesting day today was. She looked at the sleeping chick which was wrapped up and sleeping in her front seat.

What the hell was she going to do with a chick?

She might have to make Takumi take it to work with him and have an employee search for the chicks family.

Misaki glance at her rearview mirror to look at Takumi's car. She knew he had to be upset but it was fun to tease him when she got the chance. Now he knew how it felt when he did it too many times.

He should be thankful she got Aiko off his back. That girl seemed like nothing but trouble. The next man who catches her eye would need therapy.

Misaki pulled into her driveway, parking the car and sat back to watch Takumi pull in behind her. She watched him for four seconds before she reached over to pick up the chick. She placed the chick in her arms and opened the car door.

Stepping out the car, she reached to grab her bag and placed it on her shoulder. Finally out of the car she closed the car door and looked around to notice Takumi glaring at her

She paid no attention to him and walked towards the entrance of their home. He won't stay mad for long. He never did.

Unlocking the door, she was greeted by their cat licht.

"Hi there," She greeted the small cat. "First I need to place Becky in a room away from you licht," She said moving over to an empty storage room which had room for the chick to wander.

Misaki placed the chick on the ground. "Must've been tired," She noted the bird just closed its eyes falling back to sleep. "I'll bring food and water later."

"No licht," She said stopping the cat from entering the room. "I don't need blood on your hands today. You can't enter this room."

Misaki saw Takumi enter the house and went to the dining room to remove his jacket. She approached him with licht in her arms.

"I'm sorry," She said holding licht out for Takumi to take. Takumi instantly stepped back not wanting to deal with the little demon cat. "What? Cat got your jewels in a twist?" Misaki laughed finding it funny that licht did not like Takumi.

He could charm thousands of people but he couldn't charm a cat.

"I forgive you, just keep licht away from me. I can't take him when he's in the mood to scratch me," Takumi said taking off his tie. He looked at the cat, "Come to me when you're ready to cuddle me."

"We got Aiko off your back. You're a free man."

"I don't know if I should thank you or be mad at you," He admitted.

"Come on. No one would believe that you are gay Takumi. I personally know you like women. I've seen a few of the girls you've dated and it's okay to take a break from relationships. Your grandmother is just anxious to marry you off," Misaki said placing licht on the floor. "Thankfully you aren't dating or I wouldn't have anyone to be in a fake engagement with."

"If I was dating someone, would you have gotten fake engaged to someone?" Takumi asked something that had been on his mind.

Misaki thought about it, "I honestly wouldn't have thought about getting fake engaged or married. But I wouldn't have picked anyone else. There's no other man in my life I get along with like you. I probably would've gone to your place to think of something else. What about you?"

Takumi felt himself in a daze. "There wouldn't have been anyone else for me also."

"No one wants to be with someone nicknamed the demon prez," Misaki said sadly. She had a bad reputation with the other gender.

"That's not true. You're a nice woman."

Misaki cocked her head to the side. "Really? Say one nice time about me," She decided to humor him.

A smile threatened to spread across his lips. "You do a nice whale impersonation."

Misaki wanted to smack him for saying that again. "Please stop saying that. Anyway, if there's one person I don't mind being engaged to it's you. I gotta go find some food for Becky."

Takumi's eyes followed Misaki as she went to look around for food. He sighed watching her move around. If he had just asked her out before the engagement might've been real.

His long time crush on Misaki, which turned into something more over the years, was starting to hurt more as the days went by. Why couldn't he just tell her how he felt? 

IG: Violet_167ff

Fanfiction.net: Violet167