Chapter 19 - Katty and The Wake

Start from the beginning

After eating mom sighs and looks at her watch "I have to go, thank you for breakfast Damon." She gives me a side hug before she leaves.

After she leaves Damon looks at me and says flatly"Well kitten before we go to this funeral I think I need to know more about Katherine being here and These Originals"

"Well, Katherine has been here since last night, John in probably in the hospital because she would've tried to cut off his fingers. Jeremy didn't try to kill himself this time which is cool" I add as I glance at Jeremy.

"I want to be a vampire so that I can be with Anna." He responds while glancing away from Damon who's looking quite amused, Alaric groans.

"And who are the originals?" Damon asks as Anna beside us grimaces, perhaps she's met some of them?

"The very first vampires of course." I say cheerfully.

"Wait" Alaric interrupts confused  "aren't they a myth?"

"Oh no, they're very real." Anna says quickly "if you can it's best to stay out of their way."

I glance at the clock "We should get ready if we're going to go to the wake."

"Why do they call it a wake though?" Jeremy asks then feeling baffled.

We all shrug. Never even thought about it honestly.

"We're going to have to talk about this Caroline" Damon says sternly as I go towards the bathroom to get ready.
———————————————
Lockwood Residence

"Kat will probably try to rile you up" I whisper lowly to Damon as we all walk towards.

Tyler greats us, "thanks for coming" He mutters before shaking everyone else's hands.

He turns back to me and then glances at Jeremy "Matt's in the hospital, I got into a car accident. . He was finally doing better when I left though."

"Hopefully he gets better" I tell him as we go to pass inside he grabs my arm.

I pause as he speaks "You know what's going on, everything. I want to know as well." He lets go of me and then turns away, Damon's eyes are narrowed on him.

We make our way inside then, we'll have to add that conversation to our list of ones to have eventually then.

I walk around until I find my mom, I see her by Mrs Lockwood. "Sorry about your loss Mrs Lockwood. Hi mom" I say as I give her a side hug before I start walking around.

That's when I bump into Kat. "Watch where you're going" she snaps.

I right myself and huff "sorry Kat, how was I to know you couldn't walk on a flat surface."

"You bumped into me. And I'm Elena"

"Well, I'm clumsy, what's your excuse. You're not actually, besides your delay was a bit to long. I like you better anyways." I say with a hum as I pat her shoulder and walk past her towards Damon who's watching the exchange with Alaric on the other side of the room.

"Katherine. How fun" Damon mutters as I reach them.

"Yup. I expected a more exciting meeting. I'll admit I was disappointed" I say quietly. "But then her focus is Elena and Stefan." I gesture towards Kat and Stefan in the corner of the room.

"I would prefer that you stay completely out of her firing range kitten."

"Yes, please don't antagonize the 500 year old Vampire" Alaric mutters as he shakes his head.