I throw an arm around her shoulder and we go sit down. In the corner of my eye I see Jack. I whisper to (Yn) quickly. "I'll be right back sweetheart." She nods, and I head over to Jack. He looks up at me. I really hurt 'im didn't I? "Looks who still showed up. Youse got some noive afta what ya did last night, Conlon." "Looks Jacky Boy, I'm sorry, I was angry, and I wasn't tinkin' straight." "Youse tinks sorry's gonna fix all dis?"

"I knows it won't, but I'm sorry... had I gotten a full story, wese May not ta had ya do dis... Ise don't like fightin' wit youse Jacky Boy, is Newsies gotta stick tagetha." He sighs. "Just... keep lookin' our for 'er Spot." With that he walks to the other Newsies. What was dat about? I shake my head and walked back over to (Yn) right as Denton walked in.

"Hey fellas. Hey, hey! Big time." He hands the paper to Jack. "What you got there Jack?" (Yn) and I walk over and I start clamoring to see. "Where's me piture? Where's me piture?" (Yn) fights back a laugh.  "What's that? That all about us?" "Look at that Jack. You look like a gentlemen." Jack swats at Mush. "Will you get your fingers off me face?"

"Where does it say my name? Where's my name?" I clamores more. "Will you quit thinking about yourself?" (Yn) laughed, but quickly covered her mouth. I look back at her and smirk. "You got us on the front page!" "You got yourselves on the front page. I just got to make sure you stay there." "So what. You get your picture in the papes, so what's that get you, huh?"

"What are you talkin' about?" "Shut up, boy. You been in a bad mood all day!" "I'm not in a bad mood!" Race shoves Skittery's head. "Glum and dumb. What's the matta with you?  You get your picture in the papes, your famous. Your famous, you get anything you want. That's what so great about New York!" (This is my favorite song, so I will probably have most of the lyrics)

A pair of new shoes with matching laces.

Mush sang and going to sit backwards in a chair.

A permanent box at Sheepshed Races.

I roll my eyes at Race. Always been one ta gamble.

A porcelain tub with boiling water.

I watch as (Yn)'s eyes widened a little at me. I smirked again.

A Saturday night with the mayor's daughter!

I see (Yn) roll her eyes a Blink. I chuckled at her reaction. Suddenly Race snatches the paper, and stands on the table

Look at me I'm the King of New York!
Suddenly I'm respectable
Staring right atcha
Lousy with stature.

Jack takes the paper back, and starts to lay down on the table.

Nubbin' with all the muckety-mucks
I'm blowin' my dough and goin' deluxe!

Race goes to snatch back the paper, but (Yn) beats him too it, and even kicks (she pushes him off with her foot) Jack off the table. We look at her in shock, but I chuckle. Atta goil.

And there I'll be
Ain't I pretty?

Suddenly Jack's back on the table standing next to (Yn), as they both sing.

It's my city I'm the king of New York!

Soon everyone started to list what they would get because of all this. Dis is just da beginnin'. Then, of course we had ya give credit where credit was due.

An editor's desk for our star reporter!

Tip your hat
He's the King of New York!

Denton became shocked as we lifted the chair he was sitting in.

How 'bout that?
I'm the King of New York!

We continued to give praises to Denton as we went on. Soon we're all on tables, except for Denton who was still in the chair, the newspaper in front of him.

I gotta be either dead or dreaming 'Cuz look at that pape with my face beaming Tomorrow they may wrap fishes in it But I was a star for one whole minute!

We jumped off tables and pointed at the paper, and banged on other tables as our celebration continued. I'm surprised we ain't got kicked outta hea yet.

Starting now I'm the King of New York!

Ain't you hear? I'm the King of New York!

I glanced over at (Yn), who seemed at ease for once. Bright smile just laughing and enjoying this small victory. I smirked. Youse had more than one victory taday didn't ya sweetheart.

Holy cow! It's a miracle Pulitzer's crying Weasel? He's dying! Flashpots are shooting bright as the sun I'm one hifalutin' sonuva gun!

Everyone was doing different things, but yet all seemed united.

Don't ask me how Fortune found me Fate just crowned me Now I'm King of New York!

Look and see Once a piker Now a striker I'm the King of New York! Victory!

Front page story Guts and glory I'm the King of New York!

I hear a thump, I turn around and see (Yn) and one of the 'Hatten Newsies has dropped down from spinning fans. She was breathing heavily but looked ecstatic.

Maybe wese could win dis thing.