DRUNKEN CHAOS ❀ DAISUKE X HARU

Start from the beginning

The bartender poured the drinks into the clear shot glasses. Meanwhile, Daisuke peeked at the suspicious pair from earlier, watching the two enjoy themselves in the midst of a banter with beers in hands. The detective returned his gaze to the man making his drinks, generously tipping the bartender while thanking him. Haru continued to stay focused on his phone until he felt a tap on his shoulder. "Oh, no. I'm good. I don't usually drink," the brunette confessed, setting his phone face down.

"Let loose, Katou. It's just a single shot of vodka," Daisuke said, tempting the brunette to take a sip as he downed two shots in one go. The wealthy heir was used to taking many drinks at once— the effects doing the bare minimum on his body and mind. Haru, on the other hand, rarely ever chose to get drunk, due to his fear of getting completely wasted like the last time he did on his birthday. "Think of it as a treat from me."

Haru huffed before giving in to the peer pressure. "I don't want a treat from you. Ever. But I'll take it just this once."

Daisuke hummed in slight satisfaction. It was a definite win and one step closer to trying to get closer to his work partner. Despite what Haru thought about him, he wanted to become friends with the brunette. If their friendship grew, then their partnership in missions and cases would grow stronger by the second. Justice and money did work if mixed in well for a sole purpose behind a case. "Anyways, I noticed the blonde fella over there handing something to the woman beside him. I think they're the suspects. Before we arrest them for interrogation, I was thinking of following them for the rest of the night."

The gold-eyed man called over the bartender with a loud shout, sliding the shot glasses against the counter. "Give me five more of these things," he burped, relaxing his shoulders while running a hand through his hair. Daisuke widened his eyes, grabbing his partner by the shoulder. With a slight slap on the face, the thirty-year-old winced in pain before roaring into a loud laugh. "Y-You're too funny, Kambe."

Daisuke rolled his eyes, not amused. "We'll take five."

The bartender nodded, opening up a new bottle of the vodka before pouring them into the shot glasses. Haru, excitedly, reached his hand out for one of the glasses, allowing the alcohol to go down into his system. Daisuke watched as his partner downed those four shots in less than ten minutes, shaking his head. "We didn't come here to drink, you know."

"Don't tell me what to do! I-I'm an adult! I-I can do whatever I want to do," his partner shouted out loud, pointing an accusing finger at the man with the suit. "B-Besides, aren't you the one t-treating me?"

"I am, but you're going to blow our cover up if you keep this whole shenanigan up," the wealthy man murmured, sipping on a shot glass. "We're here to work. Not to fool around."

"W-Well, it's not my fault! I-I can't believe I agreed to do this with you! I-I'm going to look for a n-new partner!" the brunette huffed, stumbling out of his seat to find a new group of people to hang around with. Daisuke paid no attention to his partner, letting him do his own thing while he tried figuring out the suspects and writing down information onto a napkin. He wrote down several physical descriptions and tried eavesdropping onto their conversation until he heard a crash of a glass hit the floor. "I-I'm sorry!"

The detective looked up from the napkin to see Haru frantically stumbling on his own two feet while trying to get napkins to fix the stain on a shirt from a particular blonde male. What the hell, he thought to himself. "Y-You're under arrest, m-mister!" the thirty-year-old stuttered, handing the napkins and grabbing a pair of handcuffs from one of his pockets.

"Who the fuck are you?" the blonde yelled, pushing Haru onto the ground before running off with a woman trailing behind. Daisuke was in the midst of a chaos erupting. Taking the chance, the man with the slick-black hair ran after the blond until giving up last minute to realize that his partner was still inside of the bar. Angrily, the wealthy man lifted the brunette up from the floor, tightly clutching onto his shirt and tie with a sour face.