"Wait, you know who took the video?"

"Yeah, I'm 99% sure that it was Ellie Goulding, my ex. She kept trying to get it on with me at the party and that's what me and me girlfriend were discussing."

"I can't believe she would do that. But I can't say I didn't expect it from her, I never liked Ellie to be honest. I'm glad you're no longer with her."

"Yeah, me too. But still, I can't believe she would send out our video to the media."

"I know, but there's nothing we can do about it now. You've got to either come forward and explain the situation, omitting the fact that it was Ellie who took the video of course, we don't want any more drama. Or we can just wait and see if it goes away, but I've been working on this industry for quite a long time and I know it won't just fade away."

"Can I have a few days to think things through?"

"Sure, just don't take too long. And I'll start working on a statement either way. But please think about the possibility of coming forward and saying you have a girlfriend, it would make things so much easier."

"Yeah, I'll think about it and get back to you with my decision between today and tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll be waiting for your call."

"Yeah, thank you Simon, bye."

"Bye."

"So, what did he say?" An eager Sofia asked as soon as I got in the car.

"He says that I have to explain the situation or the media is going to twist things and say I have anger issues and shit like that."

"Explain the situation how?"

"He told me that it would be best if we say that we're together. That I have a girlfriend."

"And that's the only way to get off the hook?"

"He also said that we could wait a few days, to see if things calm down."

"I'm ready." She uttered, in a barely audible voice.

"What?" I inquired.

"I'm ready to tell the world that we're together."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, but can we maybe wait a couple of days? It would be nice to do it in our own terms and not because the media is pressuring you."

"Sure babe, however you want."

"Thanks Nialler." She smiled at me. "I was thinking we could do it on the 15? Since it's our 7 month anniversary and that would be nice."

"That sounds good. But what am I going to do about the video?"

"Why don't we wait a few days to see if things calm down? At least until we get back to London. Or have your publicist release a statement, and say that you were just talking to a friend or girl and that they made it seem as if we were fighting but we weren't, because in all honesty, it looks as if we were having a heated argument and we weren't. Gosh I just hate fucking Ellie."

"I know petal, I know. But sure, as soon as we get to Mullingar I'll call Simon and let him know our decision and they way we want to come clean about our relationship. Don't you worry, darlin."

"That's sounds perfect babe, thank you." She leaned in to kiss my cheek as I started the drive to Mullingar.

"No problem, and on another note, are you ready to meet my parents?"

"Not at all." She laughed, letting me know she was joking.

"Well ready or not, you'll meet them in less than an hour."

"I can't wait, and before you say anything, no, it isn't sarcasm. I truly can't wait to get there." 

"We're here." I announced 55 minutes later as we pulled up to my mom's house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you so much for all the love you're giving my story! It means a lot to me. They're finally in Ireland and finally Sofia is ready for them to tell the world they're dating, what did you think about that? For all the new readers, I update daily! How are you enjoying the story so far? If you have any suggestion about something you'd like me to include be sure to leave it in the comments! I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr