"Hi, I'm Jorden I think I'm in your chemistry class" I knew who he was. I knew a person with his name existed but after the night I found Trey I started noticing the said person.
I conjured up a wave "uh hey. I'm Katherine and yes you are in my class"

Cole asked out Hailey on her first date and to make it memorable and perfect she obviously had to bring her best friend along.
Both of them, as I could tell, we're struggling to keep the conversation going, as me and Jorden sat behind them in the movie theatre.
"So, why did Cole bring you?" I asked.
"Why'd Hailey bring you"
"Uh idk because I'm her best friend?"
"Then same I'm his best friend"
"Pfft no you're not you're treys best friend"

An expression in between a smirk and a frown formed on his face. I've never met a person whose expressions intrigued me. This made me mad.

"So you know him? He didn't tell me you were friends" he asked casually.
"Not really we've never spoken. I've just seen you two"

"I thought you said you didn't know me" a glimpse smirk was beginning to form and I didn't like the way my stomach reacted to it.
"You said it too!" I yelled.
"Well technically both of us didn't say anything. We just did a formal pretentious introduction"

"Huh as we should"
"As we should" he repeated with a chuckle.

"What's your favourite animal" I blurted out.
"Is that something you always ask when you meet someone new?" He asked.
"How else am I supposed to judge a person"  I was genuinely curious. "What would you ask"

"I don't know, something smart" what? "Like what do you wanna do after school"
"I don't know I haven't decided yet."
I had.
"Do you have any siblings?" He asked.
"No." I said.
I wasn't really curious to know his answers to these questions so I let him continue.
"What do your parents do?"
I gave him a blank stare.
" My mother left me to de her job in Pennsylvania when I was six and my dads a bank accountant. Lame enough for you?" I said as blatantly as I could.

My smile returned as he replied "fine let's do your thing".

"Ok. Thoughts on margarita pizza"
"Just cheese?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Hell no I'm not five anymore"
"Makes sense but technically it shouldn't be healthy for five year olds"
"Thoughts on minecraft" he continued.
"Never tried it before." On the look on his face, I protested " I waited too long to get into it and now it's too late"

"It's never too late honey" he blushed as he said it.
"Thoughts on day hung the awkward couple and the terrible movie to roam around in the mall" I think the reason I offered it was partly because I wanted hails to have a g first date experience without two,  third wheels and partly because I was enjoying his company and would enjoy it more without the background noise of the actors trying to make a living.

......................
If anyone asks me,
"Katherine what's the best two hours of your life?"
I'd say, "oh Bob, the time I spent with Jorden in the small cheap mall in downtown jersey city." Because yes it was.
Even the last part.
"Well I hope they had at least half of the fun we did" I said as I giggled.
Jorden may have used his fake Id to get us drinks and I may be drunk for the first time on my life but I would never admit this to him.

"I hope they did so we can do it again too"
He said and before I knew it I felt two cold leaves on my lips.
Only they weren't leaves.
They were his lips.
The first thing that came to my mind, except living beings who photosynthesise, was "how dare he".
Consent is a thing that still existed. So did I. So did his lips.
No.
Consent.
In those three seconds I was more mad than I had been in, well, like three days because I hated the fact that I was drunk in the first place, especially when I wanted to do it for the first time with someone I cared about.
Hated that I wanted to care about him.
Hated that I became so irresponsible.
Hated that he made me irresponsible.
Hated that I was kissing a man I've known just for a day.
Hated the man was missing me without my permission.
Hated that I liked it.

So In a moment of impulse and hatred, I pulled back and punched him.
Well there was a story for my anger management group therapy this week.

My eyes were stuck on Jordan's'. Well at least one thing hasn't changed, his eyes are still a mystery to me as ever. How can they look so same and different at the same time.
2 eyes form the betrayal.
2 lips form the traitor.

And as he went I reminded myself,
His favourite animal was a snake.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Y'all, thank you for 54 reads!!
I'm grateful to each one of you💜💜

I know I've not been updating as promised but trust me when I say this, my life was a mess.

But now I'm back on track so I'll be updating every once a week! I know it's not very frequent but that's the best I can do for the time being.