Chapter Four: USJ

Start from the beginning

"I feel tired."

"Should the four of us sleep?" He meant Damian, Nala, himself, and I.

"If you guys wanna join, go ahead." I made my way back to my room.

     He went to inform the other two before they joined after me. The sound of claws and footsteps slowly made their way to the room I own. Once we made it to my room, they jumped into the cat bed they've grown used to. I motioned my hand to the bed as I laid myself down; hoping they would understand. "You're allowing us on your sacred bed, Miss?"

"It's not sacred and get up here. That bed's for strays, and you guys aren't anymore."

     They hesitantly jumped onto my bed but did so none the less. "Damn, you're so formal." I grumbled before hugging them all onto my chest.

"A-are you really sure we can, Miss?"

"Obviously. Now get comfortable." I released them and turned to my side.

     They looked at each other for answers. When none of them could find any, Popsicle was the first to move. He curled up next to my face and nuzzle with it until he laid his head down. Nala cautiously made her way to my open arms, try to get as close to Popsicle without him noticing. Damian himself perched on my pillow and watched over us. 
     Though he was the youngest of us, he thought he was the one who needed to watch over us. After moments of petting each cat at different times, they all fell asleep. And once they slept, I felt at ease and let my conscious leave me.

     I woke up to once again another paw in my face. "Get up."

     It was Damian this time. "How early is it?" I groaned.

"Earlier than usual... but I have a feeling we should hurry..."

"Whatever." I got up and started dressing. "Are you gonna walk with me today or should I just wake up Popsicle?"

     He looked out of the window in thought. "I'll go with you."

"Okay, well, let's go."

     We both made in to the living room in moments. "(Y/n), don't you still have another hour until school?" My mother asked.

"Yeah, I just... thought I'd take it slower today."

"Well, don't get in any trouble. I'll see you after work."

"Okay." Now we exited the house.

     After walking a slight ways away from the house I began to speak. "So, what feeling did you get?"

"I don't know. It was like there was a pit in my stomach... and I felt if we waited... something would happen....something bad..."

"Real descriptive."

     We ended it there and continued to walk. That was— until I heard arguing.

"C'mon, you know you suppose to be gettin' shit from the humans to pay us back." A scratchy male voice said.

"Yeah, well maybe they should actually pay attention to strays!" A high pitch, young female voice replied back.

"Don't be yellin' at me. I'm just statin' the facts. Now... go and get somethin' before I—"

"You won't be doing anything." I said as I walked towards the voices.