A Rant

Hey, guys! So, I know that this is very different from anything I have written on here. And honestly... I don't think I've ever written any kind of rant before (besides anything in my Top 10 Least Favorite Warriors Cats book, but I was like 12, and all of my reasoning was so weak). This is my first legit rant, and I am so excited to practically destroy my keyboard with all of my typing!

Anyway, I am doing this to discuss a topic I feel very strongly about - Crowfeather and Leafpool, and why I think they are meant to be over Crowfeather being with Feathertail or Nightcloud (but I think we're all pretty sure Nightcloud isn't going to happen). Yes, Feathertail is dead, and Leafpool is dead, but there is still a chance for Crowfeather to be "endgame" with somebody, because we've got StarClan! It has been proven many times that couples that were together in life can get back together in StarClan (Sandstorm and Firestar, Bluestar and Oakheart, etc).

Leafpool and Crowfeather is probably my favorite ship in the entire series, and that is why I feel so strongly about this. I love their chemistry, their development (because there is more development than some people think), and how deep and complex their relationship is. Also, some people don't see this, but Crowfeather spent a long time pining for Leafpool after they split, and I have a lot of proof of that (but more on that later).

The reason why I felt such a strong tug to type out this big persuasive composition is because SO MANY PEOPLE still argue that Feathertail and Crowfeather are meant to be, and that if Crowfeather was given the choice, he would OBVIOUSLY pick Feathertail - he loved her more, Leafpool and Crowfeather's relationship was brief, Leafpool was just a rebound and Crowfeather was using her to forget about Feathertail, and he had more enthusiasm about Feathertail. I AM HERE TO REFUTE ALL OF THIS. I'd like to think that I have some pretty strong arguments against all of this, so that's why we're here!

By the way, please don't think that I am trying to force my opinions on anyone - this is just my argument and opinions with backup. If you disagree and think that Crowfeather and Feathertail are the OTP, that is great! Feel free to share your opinions in the comments, I would love to hear them!

Anyway, here we go! I made a long outline in chronological order to help me lay out all of my thoughts, and I also think this order would be the best way to discuss things. So, I'm going to try to stick to that format.

So, that means that we're going to begin with Crowfeather and Feathertail. Don't get me wrong - I actually really like these two, and in fact, the first time that I read through The New Prophecy I actually preferred them, in a way. I thought that it was absolutely adorable that Feathertail was able to see past Crowpaw's crankiness and bitterness and accept him, and see his soft side. Feathertail also brought out Crowpaw's vulnerability, and showed us how much of a soft boy he can be.

But now, as I grow older... it all seems a little weird to me. First off, the age gap is a little strange. Feathertail was born in Forest of Secrets, and Crowfeather wasn't born until after the events of The Darkest Hour, which isn't the worst - it's no Pinestar and Leopardfoot or Thornclaw and Blossomfall - but it's still kind of weird. Especially weird because when they fall in love, Feathertail is a warrior and Crowfeather was still an apprentice at the time.

That's just one thing, but there are many other reasons why they maybe wouldn't have worked out, or won't work out. If Feathertail had lived and returned to the Clans with the journeying cats, the authors even said themselves that their relationship would not have worked out. They even said, and I think this also, Feathertail was almost like a high school crush to Crowfeather, and that he was so young when he fell for her that he wouldn't have been able to grow into himself and develop his own personality.

"Vicky believes that if Feathertail did live, her relationship with Crowfeather wouldn't have worked out. She was too old for him, and he wouldn't have gotten the chance to develop his own personality. She also that Crowfeather's love for Feathertail was more of a high school crush."