Tea and Cakes

*Thursday*

Trixie tapped her foot as she looked out of the window. She told Katya to meet her at 4:30 and it was 4:45. Maybe she wasn't coming. "Do you need anything else Ms. Mattel?"

"Oh, no thank you Crystal."

"Yes ma'am."

"Hey Crystal?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know if Katya had anything to do today?"

"Oh hmm, I know she told me she had to pick up some art supplies earlier. Why?"

"N-no reason."

"Okay!" Crystal walked away with a smile, leaving Trixie to continue worrying. Trixie looked down at her phone to try and distract herself. "Oh hey Kat!"

"Hey Crystal." Katya looked around until her eyes landed on Trixie. It took Katya forever to decide if she wss actually gonna come see Trixie today. Willam told Katya to stop being a baby and just take the horse by the reins, which was easier said that done. Katya took a deep breathe and walked to the table in the far end of the coffee shop. "Hi." Trixie looked up and her throat went dry as soon as her eyes landed on Katya.

"Hi.." Katya was still in the uniform. School had let out about two hours ago, so Trixie should have expected this. "How are you?"

"Fine, you?"

"Good, good. How are your classes?"

"They are fine. The homework is a drag already."

"I'm sorry to hear that." It was Thursday and Katya's teachers were already packing on the work, heavily. "Are you having a good week?"

"Who are you? My mom?"

"No, I was just asking. Don't be rude Katya."

"Hmph, yes ma'am Ms. Mattel."

"Don't do that." Katya sighed and looked out of the window. "Katya, what's wrong?"

"I don't know."

"You've been really quiet this week in class, and from the times we've spoken..you aren't that quiet."

"Trixie, why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think it was important Katya, in all honesty. I didn't even know you were going to that high school, or else I would have said something."

"Sure."

"What can I do to make you feel better Katya?" Trixie rested her hand on Katya's with a small frown.

"Did you really not know?"

"I had no idea, really." Katya looked at Trixie for a few seconds before taking a breathe.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"I believe you."

"Does that mean I can stop getting the silent treatment?"

"I suppose so."

"Thank you. You went through all the ignoring me just to forgive me in a few seconds."

"Whatever." Katya smiled a little as she rolled her eyes. "So, do you like teaching?"

"It's interesting."

"How?"

"To be honest, some of your classmates are a bit...well."

"Stupid?"

"Yes."

"I could have told you that." Trixie chuckled and shook her head.

"I wish you would have. They are all sweethearts but damn."

"Don't go having the hots for any of them now. Stupidity is the weakness for a lot of girls."

"Good thing I am a woman then huh?" Trixie leaned on her elbows and stared in Katya's eyes. Katya clicked her tongue and leaned back in her chair.

"Anyway, so Ms. Mattel I have a question."

"Okay, I have an answer."

"Are we going to continue to be friends?"

"I would hope so."

"Hmm."

"Why that hmm?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Uh huh, sure."

***

Trixie and Katya spent hours talking. They had went through four cups of tea each and had eaten a cake that was on display. The sun was starting to set on the two girls. After finishing their last cup of tea, Katya suggested that they go for a walk. "You know, I wasn't gonna respond to your message."

"Why?"

"Because I didn't know if you wanted to actually continue to be friends."

"So ignoring me was gonna be your solution?"

"Whatever."

"I'm just kidding. I mean I would have understood if you didn't respond. I am happy you did though."

"Are you really?"

"Don't." Katya laughed as she held onto Trixie. Trixie's heart almost beat out of her chest as her ears filled with the sound. "I wanted to tell you that you look cute in your uniform."

"Wait, really?"

"Yes, really." Trixie looked straight ahead, avoiding eye contact with Katya.

"Well, um thank you." Katya fell silent as she played with her braid.

"Oh, is someone shy?"

"No.."

"I think you're lying."

"You're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong."

"Hmm, I don't think it's wrong."

"Maybe you shouldn't think then." Trixie chuckled at how snappy Katya was when she was shy.

"I shouldn't?"

"No." Katya was caught off guard as Trixie put her finger under her chin. She looked into Katya's eyes and Katya felt as if she was staring into her soul, seeing her deepest desires.

"Maybe you should help me stop thinking then." Katya swallowed hard as Trixie stepped a little closer to her. Katya couldn't help but close her eyes as Trixie's perfume filled her senses, causing her to be numb to the rest of the world.