𝒗. houses and challenges

Start from the beginning

         "Of course I remember her, a great witch and guardian angel she was. Too bad the world lost her at the very young age—"

         Ariel felt a tear roll down her cheeks. She wiped them out quickly before anyone could see them.

         "— and I have a great feeling that you will follow her legacy. You're smart and wise but not enough for Ravenclaw. Hufflepuff would be the perfect house for you if you were a little nicer." Ouch. "An absolute no to Slytherin. Better be GRYFFINDOR!"

         The sorting hat yelled out and within a minute the Gryffindor's table burst into applause. As the guardian angel stood up after Professor McGonagall took off the hat, from the stool to walk to her house's table. She glanced up at Dumbledore as he gave her a smile and approval nod.

         Sitting next to the golden trio, after a lot of them patted her back. She sighed in relief as the new students start to get sorted into their houses. Harry Potter who kept staring at the girl sitting in front of him, let out a small giggle and turned his attention to the sorting hat ceremony.

         "I'm so happy that you're a Gryffindor. I can't imagine you being in Slytherin." Ron told Ariel with the biggest smile she'd ever seen on his face.

         Ariel shook her head and let out a giggle. "I mean I told you that I'd her sorted into Gryffindor. Just like my parents. So when are we going to eat? I'm starving!"

         Ron agreed with her as Harry began to tell her. "Once everyone gets sorted, the food will appear. I'm starving as well, I hope he doesn't have an announcement after."

         "Oh, I hope so." Ariel crossed her fingers. She watched the newbies as they get sorted, and after they finished she rubbed her hands waiting for the food to appear but a disappointment face washed over her when Dumbledore stood up from his place.

         "Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement." Dumbledore began. "This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen . . . "

         A man ran up to Dumbledore while limping, as he reaches him the old man whispered something to him and limped away. Ariel whose eyes were following the man who limped away shrieked her eyes and looked at him with suspicion.

         "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone." He said the last as his eyes stained on Ariel who nodded her head.

         "And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madame Maxime."

As the gate opened widely, a group of beautiful girls dressed in blue danced and released blue breathtaking butterflies that caught everyone's attention. At the end of their dance, the girls bowed as everyone applauded to them while their headmistress walked behind them.

"Bloody hell, that's one big woman." The guy next to Ron that Ariel met earlier, Seamus whispered to his friends. Earning a slap on the head from Hermione and a laugh from both Harry,  Ariel, and Ron.

"But she is beautiful though," Ariel stated and faked a glare at him who put his hands up in surrender. Hermione gave Ariel a small smile and focused on the events.

         "And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff." As Dumbledore let out those words on introduction, a group of muscular older boys walked in dramatically, brandishing bo staffs.

         "Blimey, it's him, Viktor Krum!" Ron fanboyed over him as he watched him walk rapidly in the middle of the Great hall.

"Your attention please!" Dumbledore yelled out. "I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that students must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked." The Weasley twins said in unison.

"For this reason, the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch."

As Dumbledore let our these words, thunders roar overhead as the rain starts leaking through the ceiling. Screams break out, as the student began to freak out. A man, a strange weird looking man standing in the doorway cast a spell upwards the ceiling. As peace restored.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody." Ron pointed into the man who stood in the doorway behind the Professor's table. Ariel looked at them confused.

"Alastor moody? The aura."

"The wizard's catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days."

Ariel's eyes were focusing hard on Mad eye moody. A strange and uncommon aurora comes out of him. As the man walked in, limping, his eyes moved from Harry to Ariel who can feel confusion coming out from her. With one last glance, Mad eye moody know that she's not the one to mess up with.

"I don't know the guy but that man brings me a bad feeling. Is he a bad person or something?" Ariel couldn't help but express her feelings.

"He is not," Harry told her. "Most of the bad guys are in Azkaban thanks to him."

"Weird. It feels like he's an imposter. Like I feel this guy is a good person but this weird aurora the comes out of him is very disturbing." Ariel cringed.

Harry, as in the only person who listened to her when everyone is distracted. "What I know is that everyone here trusts him even Dumbledore. So I guess we are going to have to trust him too."

Ariel nodded her head. Alastor Moody sat on the chair near Hagrid and took a sip of his drink.

"What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Someone asked.

"I don't know but I don't think it's Pumpkin Juice." Harry shrugged.

This was the moment of realization as Ariel understood his strange aurora. Her heart slowed as it slowly bringing a flush to her face.

Alastor Moody is an imposter.

She glared up at him without him realizing it. Ariel knows at this moment that the real reason for her being protection to Harry has just arrived. The guardian angel thought of keeping it a secret to create a better plan with herself.

a better plan to keep her chosen one safe under her protection.

note 📝:
a long ass chapter for y'all. it has been a while since the last time i updated. since i'm an asshole, i've decided that i'm going to post a chapter every week. sometimes twice a week. happy reading.

 happy reading