Chapter 1, My One Wish

David POV

I made a wish. My wish was that something special would happen in my life. My parents say wishes like that don't just happen, you have to work for it. Well, when I heard I was going to have a little sister, I was so excited. I thought this would be my special thing. I started getting out all the stuffed animals and toys I didn't play with anymore. I was five years old at the time. I had blond hair, which used to be short. Now, it is long. I have brown eyes, like my mom. I got lots of toys. I wanted to be the best brother ever. Then my parents broke my heart. "We will get new toys for your sister," they told me. "No. Sister have my toys," I replied in my stubborn five-year-old voice. "She is a girl. She will want girl toys," my mom told me. "No! Sister have my toys!" I said a little louder. I want her to have toys I had played with and enjoyed. My parents left me in my room with the pile of toys that I wanted my sister to have.

When my dad and I left to see my mom and sister at the hospital. I brought two toys, one for me, one for my new sister. "Remember David, she's young and cannot have those yet," said my dad, "Also, her name is Willa." I was so excited. Then my dad answered a call from his cell phone. He look scared then. "Will she live?" he asked, scared. My heart started thumping fast. Will my sister be able to be my sister? "Maybe?!" my dad yelled into the phone, "I want her alive!" Did she die already? I hugged the teddy bear I wanted Willa to have. I wanted her to be able to hug it just like I could.

At the hospital, we waited in a waiting room for a long time. My dad was constantly asking how Willa was. I played with toy cars. I liked to play with cars. Especially green ones. Those were my favorite. Then a doctor came in. We were the only ones in there. It was 10:30 p.m. and we had been waiting since 1:00. I played with the cars the whole time. The doctor led us to the room were my mom was in. My little sister was laying on my mom. She was not close to being normal. She had black cat ears, a long black cat tail, and big white wings. My wish came true. I was going to be special along with my sister. "You shouldn't allow her to fly," said a doctor. "We won't," replied my dad. I didn't agree to that. I had seen birds fly, and that was cool to me. I wanted my sister to be able to fly. That was the reason for wings. Right? I always wanted to fly, and I was going to teach my sister something I can never do.