Christmas Special: If These Sheets Were States [Kagami Taiga]

Kagami x Reader

"Bold text" – English

"Regular text" – Japanese

Warning: many time skips lol

-:-:-:-

"I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again."

All Time Low, If These Sheets Were States

-:-:-:-

     "Taiga~ it's [F/N], your lovable freaking girlfriend calling or in this case, making a voice mail. Just wanted to check up on you. How are you in Japan? Are you doing well? I hope so. I wish you were here with me." You laugh softly, but you were sad deep inside. "Anyway, text or call me when you're available. Tell me some stories okay? And don't you even dare cheat on me all right? I trust you. Skype me if you have the time." You sigh. "I miss you so much, Taiga. I love you, see you."

     Kagami smiled sadly at his phone as he listened to your voice mail. He didn't like how you were feeling down because of him. He had just woken up from his sleep to be greeted by your message. He tried to call you, but you wouldn't pick up. He looked at the clock, the time displaying seven in the morning, and the time difference between Japan and America are 14 hours, but 17 hours in Los Angeles.

     He took a short bath then quickly went back to his room where he left his cellphone. He speed-dialled your number and waited for you to pick up, and after five rings you finally picked up.  He was going to pay a lot for his bills, but who cares? As long as it involved you, he would do anything.

     "Hello? [F/N] speaking. Who is this?" You spoke fluent English even though you were Japanese like your boyfriend but your voice sounded sleepy, just like you woke up.

     Kagamiwondered why you didn't know it was him, but then he remembered that you loved eating, meaning you were too busy making your food to look at the caller ID. "[F/N]!" Kagami yelled happily into the speaker, making you mutter an 'oh shit' in surprise.

     "Taiga! Oh my god, I miss you so much holy crap. Did you get my message? Let me-damn- let me just finish my sandwich sorry! I kind of had a midnight snack." You spoke frantically in both English and Japanese, amusing Kagami in the process.

     "Oh wait, midnight?" He said, widening his eyes. "It's so late, I'm sorry. I'll talk to you later." He said, a bit upset with himself that he called you at a bad time. He was about to hang up, but your voice stopped him from doing so.

     "No, no, it's all good. It doesn't matter if it's midnight. I had a nap this afternoon, so I might be awake for a little while. Besides, talking to you keeps me awake so it's fine with me." You said. Kagami could practically sense your smile through the phone.

     He placed his phone in between his shoulder (?) and ear while he changed into his Seirin uniform so that he could continue talking to you.

     "I'll just eat my food while we talk, is that all right?" You offered, taking a bite out of your [Fav. Filling] sandwich.

     "Sure." He replied, putting on his uniform quickly. "How's life there in America?"