Kindness Behind A Mask [Kagami Taiga]

Kagami x Reader

Inspired by @BelWatson's Rewind

WARNING: OOC Kagami =(((

*writes this while having a headache *

-:-:-:-

Kagami was casually walking along the corridors of Seirin as usual, until he heard a series of shouts and cheers around the corner. He quickly jogged to the fray and saw what was happening: the school's most feared girl was in a fight with the most popular girl. The former was standing nonchalantly while the latter held her cheek in pain, grimacing at the vexation. A red mark can be seen.

Kagami strolled over when he had seen Riko in the crowd, also observing at what was happening. "Ano, Coach, do you know what's happening here?" He asked.

"Well, by the time I got here [L/N] suddenly slapped Otokana. Although I also saw a red mark and a busted lip on [L/N]," was her reply, a serious look on her face.

The basketball ace thanked her and took a glance at [L/N] with an unknown look as he observed her getting dragged to the nurse's office with a blank look, as if she was used to it.

He shrugged and continued on his merry way, oddly trying to get the injured girl out of his head.

+++

"Did you hear that [L/N] got suspended?" One of the gossipers of the class whispered to her friend.

Hearing that last name, Kagami's ears perked up and decided to listen to the conversation.

"Again? Sheesh, she's going to get expelled if she keeps on getting suspended." The other replied. "What did she do this time?"

"I heard she just suddenly picked a fight with Otokana-san a while ago, like, no reason at all!"

"It's really better if we avoid her. Maybe one day she just punches us out of nowhere. Hey, I also heard that she went to a women's prison that's why she's so strong and all that!"

Kagami inwardly rolled his eyes at their lies. How can a person say so much about one even though they haven't looked at the full story?

He sighed and continued napping on his desk.

+++

Kagami was walking home from school on one late night since they extended their time for basketball practice, until he saw a familiar figure across the street giving blankets, pillows, and food for the homeless people. He hid around the corner and saw who was doing the good deed: it was you clad in casual clothing who was giving them various necessities.

A smile adorned your face as you saw how happy they looked after you gave them sources of warmth.

"Thank you so much." One of them told you with a shaky yet happy voice.

Seeing them so jubilant made you smile, a good feeling in your chest stirring up at the compassionate act that you had just done. "It's no problem. Take care." You said as you walked away, going to your home without noticing Kagami's awe-stricken gaze.

He stood in his place for a while, thinking about you beautiful smile. He was thinking about why you don't show that smile to the whole school, to show how truly beautiful you are. He was also thinking at why you seemed so different from school and to the other people who were practically strangers to you.