But maybe the fact that I now had magic of my own meant that my addiction was gone?

I shook my head. That was for another time. Focusing on the task at hand, I mentally reached out to Puck and felt a rush of anxiety mixed with excitement and hope coming from him, and smiled to myself. It was all going to get better. Right? All we had to do was rescue my little sister and our semi-new friend Ember and save Red from the Wolf and defeat Erift and get Mordred and Morgan out of their cell and anyone else who might be being held by the Scarlet Hand and—

Calm down, Puck exclaimed in my head, raising his eyes to mine. I can't hear your thoughts but I still know they're going seven million miles a minute right now.

Sorry... I nudged him gently. Things will work out, right? I mean, we've got you, the infamous Trickster King on our side. Your wings aren't the only thing that make you you. I'm sure you can find your magic somewhere in you.

Puck's eyes focused on mine, the pointed tips of his ears red. Sabrina, I think I—

"You guys are constantly staring at each other like that, dear Lord!" Pin exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air. "It's getting frustrating."

The two witches nodded in agreement and I cleared my throat, grinning sheepishly. Puck coughed and laughed awkwardly.

"It's also kind of creepy," Pin added for good measure.

Puck gasped loudly and I jumped at the sudden noise, but he just smiled widely and pointed at Pin excitedly. "You've been using so many contractions! I'm so proud of you, twig!"

"Can you maybe not call me that?" Pin asked grumpily. "It's worse than Pin." He sniffed. "And that's saying a lot."

"You know you love it," I joked.

"I do not."

"I'm not so sure about that."

"But I don't—!"

"Yeah, su—"

"As much as I love listening to you children argue, I very much don't." Baba Yaga scowled. "We have work to do and if you are going to force me into this house, we're going to actually do the work. Now get out of my way."

I moved away from the door. "But you came willingly—"

"Silence, child!"

Puck snorted a laugh and I smacked him over the head, feeling myself go red. Having Baba Yaga yell at you was not fun.

"Next time that'll be a book. Let's see how funny you find that."

He stopped laughing immediately.

"I'll send a message to Daphne," Bunny interrupted us, holding the door open. "Anything specific you want to say?"

"Um... Not really. Just that she needs to be able to use Celeste to help Morgan and Mordred escape. We'll cause a distraction—somehow, tell her not to worry about that part—but she needs to have Celeste on hand." I looked over at Pin, who was picking at his nails. "...And that a certain someone misses her."

Bunny whispered a few words in a language unfamiliar to me under her breath.

Pin's gaze snapped up, his eyes wide. "What— No, don't say that! I don't even miss her, that's such—"

"Already sent, I'm sorry," Bunny said, not sounding very sorry. I grinned at Pin happily and took Puck's hand, leading him out the door. Pin followed sullenly.

We passed Granny and Tobias on the way downstairs. Tobias smiled at us silently while Granny went over to talk to us.

"Lieblings, we'll need everyone we can get to make sure we have the upper hand in this fight. We do not know how many members the Scarlet Hand has hiding in those tunnels."