Chapter 23

A/N:
So remember how I was having trouble with what to do with Pinocchio? Well, I figured it out! So, Granny did offer for him to stay at the Grimm house, and he was really emotional, thanking her.

Except, he turned down the offer and said he wanted to explore the world for a little while, needing to clear his mind, especially considering his father had been killed.

Well, he still hasn't come back.

I wonder where he is?

~Shadow

Analia's POV:

The young girl, Sabrina (as I had learned from her sister), looked frightened, and I understood how she felt. But if Seraphina had come so close, then it was time to act.

I looked at the Tweedles, who were conversing animatedly, worried looks on their faces.

"Dee? Dum? A little help here?"

They both looked at me and said simultaneously, "Yes, Ana."

A shiver passed through me. "Ana? Since when do you call me that?"

Dum fidgeted. "Uh...it's a nickname we made up."

"Never call me that again," I snapped. "I... I hate it now."

They looked at me curiously, but I crossed my arms and turned away. The truth was, that's what Sera has used to call me.

Dee came up behind me. "How about Lia?"

I looked at him in surprise. "Lia? I don't know... I guess."

Dum grinned. "Yes! We have a nickname for her!"

"Not we," Dee corrected. "I."

Dum frowned at him. "That's not fair."

"Uh, yeah it is. I made it up."

"Ah." Dum nodded, smiling. "I see how it is."

"See how what is?" I asked.

"Nothing," Dee told me, clapping his hand over Dee's mouth and pushing him away.

"Okay...?"

Sabrina and Daphne turned to me. "Who's Seraphina?"

A jolt shook my mind.

Laughter, the scent of roses and paint.

"This is really fun, Ana!"

"Yes, we should do it more often!"

Suddenly, splatters of blood tinged the rims of the memory.

"Sera, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'll be fine! I just pricked my finger. I... should go."

"Are you sure? I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to push you into the rose bush."

"I promise it's fine. I'll see you some other time."

"O...okay."

Blood dripping from her finger and red paint smeared all over her clothes, Sera walked out of the royal garden.

*

"Lia? Lia!"

I was being shaken. I blinked open my eyes. "W–what?"

Dee's worried face was in front of mine, his hands on my shoulders. "You...blacked out."

Dum was off to the side, snickering. "Brother, dear, why are you so worried? We knew she'd be fine."