Chapter 1: Daphne's Idea

Sabrina's POV:

Daphne was sitting cross-legged on the floor of my bedroom. She whined, "Can we do something? I'm so bored I might have to feed Elvis some sausages!"

"Don't you dare," I warned her, at the same time Puck said, "That would be awesome!"

"Dare! Thanks, I just got an idea!!!!" Daphne exclaimed happily. "We can play Truth or Dare!!" She grinned mischievously.

"Oh, no," I muttered. "Besides, I don't think Puck knows how to play; he is an Everafter."

When I saw that Puck was about to start his rant on how he was the Trickster King, blah, blah, blah, I quickly amended.

"Truth of Dare would be awesome!!" he exclaimed, after glaring at me.

"Don't let Daphne make the dares. Or truths, for that matter," I informed him.

Daphne scowled. "My dares are perfect!" Then she glanced not-so-subtly at Puck, then me.

I face-palmed. "Did you not just see that look?" I asked Puck.

"Nope," he answered, but from the grin on his face it was obvious that he had.

"Fine. You two can play. But I'm not joining in," I declared stubbornly.

"Please? Red will play with us," Daphne pleaded.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?!"

"No!"

"Please please please please please please please please please please?!?!"

"No!"

"I'll keep doing this if you don't agree!" Daphne said, leaning close to my ear and saying loudly, "Please please please please please please please pl—"

"FINE!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, did I mention, Dad will also play? And Granny? And Mom? And...hmm...Billy!" Daphne said, grinning happily.

I turned paler at the mention of each person.

"Need I remind you? Billy was with us in the future!" Daphne giggled.

Even Puck blushed a little at that.

"You will not mention anything from the future," I threatened the little girl.

"Oh, don't worry. I won't mention it," Daphne assured me with a slightly evil grin. Actually, scratch that. With a fully evil grin.

"Yeah, I just know I'm gonna enjoy this," I muttered to myself, glaring down at the floor.

"RED!!" Daphne called.

The little girl came right away. "Yes?" she asked.

"Wanna play Truth or Dare with us?"

"Um...I'm afraid I don't know what that is," Red answered nervously, tugging on her shoulder-length hair.

"That's okay. I'll explain the rules to you," Daphne assured her.

As she explained the rules to Red, Elvis came sauntering in, with Goldi following.

"Elvis said he heard someone mention sausage?" Goldi asked.

I glared at the dog. "Don't even think about it."

Elvis barked.

Goldi said, "He says Jake would let him." She glanced at Elvis, who was giving us the puppy eyes.

"Yeah, he made that mistake once, and he's not making it again," I answered.

Elvis whined and stalked out of the room, glaring at me before he was out of sight. Can dogs glare?

"Now he's mad at you," Goldi mused. "Although, that dog can't stay mad at anyone in your family for long, so you don't have anything to worry about."

Daphne turned to the blonde-haired woman, as she was done explaining to Red. "Do you want to play Truth or Dare with us?" she asked hopefully.

"Sorry, I can't."

Daphne frowned. "Can Uncle Jake?"

"Sure I can!" Jake yelled from downstairs.

"How'd he hear that?" I asked.

"My secret!" he called back.

I rolled my eyes.

"Mom and Dad are somewhere—the author doesn't know where but I wouldn't fit the storyline if they were here—so they can't play this round," Daphne announced.

We all looked at her in confusion when she mentioned someone called "the author," except for Puck, who seemed to think that was completely normal.

"So, for now, it'll be me, Puck, Sabrina, Red, and Uncle Jake. But next round, Mom, Dad, Granny, and Billy will play for sure!" my little sister finished.

"Let's start playing already!" Puck complained.

"Okay..." I grumbled, still annoyed at how I'd so obviously fallen for Daphne's trick to make me play. Just because she said please over and over and over and over again didn't mean I had to agree! "But remember," I warned her, "no dares I won't like!"

"Don't worry; you'll like them," Daphne declared, grinning deviously.