Chapter 19

Crow grabbed some clothes from his closet and headed back toward the bathroom. He turned to Airi.

"Don't come in here while I'm taking a shower..."

"Why would you convict me of such a thing?"

Crow looked her in the eye, "just in case. You never know sometimes."

She laughed a bit then nodded, "I won't, I won't. Just go take a shower already, silly."

Crow turned around and headed back to the bathroom. He went to the mirror to look at himself. He didn't seem to have anything different from before, except a bite mark on his neck. There wasn't even a scar from when he was stabbed by the hooded man. He went to the shower and turned it on then took off his boxers to take a shower.

He went into the shower and washed his body off with soap and washed his hair with shampoo and conditioner. When he finished washing them out, he turned the water off and put a towel on. He got out of the bathtub and dried himself. After drying himself, Crow put his clothes on. He put on a black short sleeved shirt, some black skinny jeans, and some black Vans.

He grabbed his dirty boxers from the floor and went out of the bathroom door. He saw that his bed was empty and headed downstairs. He went into the laundry room and put the dirty boxers in the hamper. He went into the kitchen and saw Airi trying to cook.

"What are you cooking there?"

She jumped a bit and dropped the pan of whatever she was cooking.

"Oh crap. I dropped it!"

"What were you cooking?" Crow asked as he was cleaning the mess.

"Some eggs..." she replied, picking up the pan and helping to clean the mess.

Crow looked at the mess, if they were ever eggs they were burned and quite unrecognizable. He threw away the mess and took the pan out of Airi's hands.

"Here I'll cook. Don't worry about it, alright?"

She nodded in response.

Crow took the pan to the sink and washed it. He turned toward Airi.

"I'm gonna need some lemon juice from the fridge. It looks like a plastic lemon with a green cap on it."

Airi went into the fridge and got out the lemon juice, giving it a look. She hadn't seen this before.

"What is this?"

"Juice from squeezed lemons, the acid in it actually helps to clean burned pans." He gave an emphasis on pans and looked at Airi.

Airi handed him the lemon juice, eyeing him down for the comment.

Crow took the juice and squeezed some onto the pan and started scrubbing hard. The burnt food became detached from the pan and went down the sink, the water becoming their mode of transportation.

"Can you dry this?" he asked as he handed her the pan.

"Sure." She took the pan from him and started to dry it with a rag.

When Airi finished drying the pan, Crow took the rag and dried his hands with it.

"Why don't you sit at the table while I cook the food."

"Is it okay if I watch you cook it?" She asked with pleading eyes.

"Sure. If you want to, you can." He replied, smiling.

He set the pan on the stove and turned it on. He grabbed a couple of eggs from the fridge and cracked them against the counter. He poured the inside of the eggshells into the pan and broke the yolk as they cooked.

Airi watched in awe as Crow cooked the eggs. She never saw anyone cook before, her food was always cooked for her and she always had to wait at the table back at home.

Crow finished cooking the eggs and put some on plates before pulling out bacon from the fridge. He pulled a couple of slices out of the pack and put them in the pan. The slices of bacon sizzled and he flipped the slices over with a spatula.

Airi was surprised by the popping the bacon was making as it would cook, she jumped behind Crow when the popping was loud enough.

"Why does the bacon attack? Isn't it not alive?"

Crow laughed a bit and put the bacon slices on the plates.

"Yeah they're not alive. The oil they're in is just popping. Wanna help me put these on the table?"

Airi nodded and took two plates to the table and set them down in front of two of the chairs. She smiled as Crow put one in front of the chair next to hers.

White came down the stairs as the two were looking each other in the eyes. He smelled the food and came down immediately. He saw the two of them as their eyes were locked on to the other's.

"If you're gonna kiss just do it already, will you?" an irritated White muttered.

The two jumped and sat in their chairs. They began to move food to their mouths with forks as White sat in his chair. Crow glared at his brother for ruining the moment.