The small pair of matches was tucked away in the pocket of his jacket while he carried a large red gas can in his right hand, slightly hiding it behind his back.

He walked in the direction of Ben's study, enjoying the sound of gas sloshing against the can.

Peter pushed the sliding door open leading into the study where Ben was sitting on the couch, going through his notepad.

He looked up when his son came in. "Peter, now's not a good time. I got a patient in five minutes." Peter stayed silent. "Shouldn't you be in school?" Ben asked.

"I'm going after," Peter replied in a dark tone that could've scared anyone.

But Ben was just confused. "After what?" he questioned.

He didn't get an answer as Peter suddenly poured gas all over him making Ben thrash in confusion and pain as gas leaked into his eyes, blinding him.

Peter dropped the gas can onto the floor before grabbing the matches out of his pocket.

He flicked a single match, the flame beginning to burn.

Through his blurry vision, Ben saw the match and raised his hand up in pleading his son not to do what he was about to do.

With his face still blank, he tossed the match at Ben's feet, the flame spreading quickly.

Ben began to scream in pain as his whole body was lit on fire, he stood up, running around the office trying to put himself out

Meanwhile, Peter just walked out not bothering to look back but he felt the heat burning against his back.

Peter jolted awake with a gasp.

Sweat covered his forehead and he was panting for oxygen.

In that dream, Peter had no control over his body and could only watch everything he did through his own eyes.

It felt like a warning of what he could be capable of or maybe deep down it's what he desired to do...

He didn't know but he did fear himself.

***

The next day after school, Peter sat in Violet's room beside her on the bed as he did homework with her while music played on her desk.

"Is this right?" Violet asked, showing her math homework to him.

Peter looked over the problem and then her answer. "Nope, your answer is way off," he replied.

Violet sighed. "The fuck? I used the theorem like it said."

"But you put the numbers in the wrong places. Switch C squared and A squared," he replied with a small yawn.

"What's wrong with you?" she asked, noticing his tired expression and his constant yawning throughout the day as well as his bloodshot eyes.

"Couldn't sleep," he answered. "Maybe got an hour or so."