O N E

-Leah-

I sighed. It's not that bad Lee, I thought to myself as I enter the school campus.

I hate this skirt.

Dammit, why do they have uniforms? Ugh, I wish they didn't so I could just wear jeans. These are too short.

Wanna know what's the hard part of transfering to another school that has already started?

Attention.

Everyone's eyes are on me like, I know I'm not that attractive but is this your first time seeing one? Gosh, people these days. I took out my schedule in my bag and I looked at my first class. Crap, Math. Ugh, great! Sarcasm people, I hate math more than I hate spiders. I looked around, looking for where my math class is. After what seemed like an eternity of looking for that room, I finally found it. I held the knob and went inside, ignoring the stares people were giving me. I sat on a vacant seat, next to a window. It's cloudy outside, bummer, I wished it was just sunny today, but, I like it cloudy sometimes.

The school is surrounded by trees, pine trees. There are a few students at their cars, chatting with their friends. The room isn't that big, nor that small. There are also a few students in the room, some are sitting alone and some are reading their notes. I turned my attention to my desk and I tapped it with the tip of my fingers.

"Hi" Someone said. I looked up to see a man with auburn hair. He has pale skin and beautiful gray eyes. He is also really tall and fit. He's really good looking, now why would he talk to someone like me? He looks really good even though he's wearing glasses.

"I'm Carter" He offered his hand and I shook it. "You're the new girl right?"

"I'm Leah, and yes, yes I am" I replied.

"Can I sit here?" He asked.

"Oh sure!" I replied.

"So uh, why'd ya transfer here?" He asked.

"My mom, She uh...Got a job here" I replied. We talked about random things, his and my interests and shit. He's a really fun guy to talk to, he's really funny and he has a great sense of humour.

..

Time flied by fast and Carter told me to wait in front of my locker. I looked around, hoping to see him. Where could he be? I thought to myself. I glanced at my watch and it's 11:50 am. I looked up and saw him approaching me.

"Hey, sorry I was late, I just had a few things to fix" He said.

"It's fine" I replied.

"Let's go and have lunch?" He suggests. I nodded and we both headed to the cafeteria. We ordered food and looked for a vacant table.

"Where are your friends, Carter?" I asked when we sat down at the table. He froze, his gaze landing on the floor as he spoke,

"I, uh...I don't have friends...Anymore" What he said made my heart drop. How could someone so nice not have a friend? "They all ditched me when they became popular. Now they all think I'm a freak because I don't hang-out with anyone. You're my only friend" I see his eyes get teary. "God, I feel so weak. Sorry, you shouldn't see me at this state--"

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with crying. Crying doesn't mean you're weak, it means you've been strong for so long. Those friends of yours who ditched you, screw them, I'm here" I say, trying to encourage him. I can't believe he was that open to me. I never encountered someone like him, it's so sad.

"Thank you" Was all he said. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Let's eat?" I suggested and he nodded.

...

"You play piano? You've got to play me a song" I say.

"Sure" He replied. "What about you?"

"Well, I play guitars" I replied and took a bite of my sandwhich.

"Cool, Electric, Acoustic, or Bass?" He asked.

"Electric and Acoustic, I'm still working-on the bass" I replied.

"Nice, you must have really strong arms since a bass guitar is really heavy, I tried carrying a bass once and it slipped off my hand and landed on my foot" He told me.

"Oh my God, Ouch!"

"I don't think 'ouch' is enough to describe the pain I felt" He chuckled and I laughed. He laughed along. I noticed his expression went from happy to sad? Pissed? Angry? I couldn't tell, so many emotions were mixed in his eyes. I lookeded at where he's looking and I noticed it was a group of guys. The first one has curly hair and a square jaw. The second one has red hair and pale skin. The third one looks Asian. And the last one's blonde. I just have one word to describe them all.

Wow.

Just wow. I never thought people like them would actually exist.

I looked back at Carter and I noticed his eyes were glued to me.

"Is there something on my face?" I asked, my hand immediately making it's way to my face to see if there was any mess there.

"N--No, sorry, I kinda zoned-out" He replied, or more like lied. Are those guys his friends?

"Look who we have here" I turn my head to see the blonde bloke Carter was looking at. The blonde bloke is with his friends.

"Go away, Luke" Carter looked down.

"Make me!" Luke, A name of a saint surely doesn't fit this guy.

"See? You're pathetic! And you actually have a friend. Hey gorgeous, why are you hanging out with this loser? You should hang out with me, us instead of that piece of shit!" Luke spat. I looked at Carter and I noticed his eyes getting teary. Everyone's attention is on us, and it seems like they're enjoying this. Two can play that game.

"Aww, you gonna cry, Carter?" The Asian looking guy teased.

"Seems like he will Calum" Curly hair replied.

My blood began to boil, who the hell do these people think they are?

"Why don't you four go fuck each other because I'd rather hang out with a 'loser' than bitches like you" I snapped. I heard a bunch of 'Oooh's' in the crowd while their smirks disappeared.

"What the fuck did you just call us?" Calum asked pissed.

"Didn't you hear me loud and clear, huh? I called you bitches, now, if you'll excuse us we have important things to do than talk to some idiots" I grab Carter's hand and we made our way out of the cafeteria with our stuff.

"What did you just do?" Carter asked when we were out of the cafeteria.

"Defended you, what do you expect me to do? Watch you be insulted in front of my own eyes and not do a single thing about it? C'mon Carter, they won't leave you alone if you won't make them." I told him, my voice giving him a hint that I was pissed.

"Maybe that's the reason why they left me, because I'm a wimp" He looked down at the ground, ashamed of himself.

"Hey" I said in a soft tone. He looked at me with sad eyes. "Don't look down like you did something wrong, you lost nothing when they ditched you for popularity, it just means that they aren't really your friends" I added.

"I guess, he mumbled.

------

Hey! Please leave a vote and comment if you likey!

P.s. I'm editing chapters right now so please just ignore the updates. I'm not changing anything in the story, I'm just trying to fix the wrongs grammars and all that.