Chapter 2

Oh my gosh, I was not expecting this many people to read! Thank you so much :) I'm so sorry I haven't updated, I've been busy with work and just started nursing school. I will try to get on a regular schedule with this story as I have plans for it c: 

~

It was an amazing relief to feel clean. 

I wrapped my shivering body in a soft maroon towel and hugged my torso, attempting to conserve all the heat before I inevitably had to go change. He had left a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, face wash, moisturizer, all the beauty products I could ever want and need. I just hoped I wasn't taking too long getting ready, and I imagined breakfast is already cold at this point. I gazed in the mirror, appreciating my e/c eyes, h/l h/c hair, and smooth s/c skin. Why does it all feel so familiar yet so...foreign?

I sighed and threw my old, dirty clothes in the laundry basket next to the sink, then stepped outside the bathroom door, making my way to the hallway. I worriedly bit my lip, but the noise of Tom's footsteps around the kitchen downstairs reassured me I wasn't going to accidentally run into him with just my towel on. Finally mastering the path back to my bedroom, I noticed that the sheets had been changed while I was in the shower. 

"That was nice of him.." I muttered guiltily. 

I began opening the dresser drawers to find something fitting to wear. And wow, he seemed to have everything covered from tank tops, T-shirts, sports bras, all looking to be about my size. I crinkled my nose, did he already have all this stuff or had he gathered everything while I was unconscious? 

I settled on a f/c tank top with denim shorts and no show black socks. I brushed my damp hair as best and as gently as I could, then breathed out nervously as I glanced towards the door. 

"Here we go.." I fidgeted with my fingers and padded quietly to the top of the stairs, then made my way down. 

I could only hear the turning of a newspaper, so he must've finished breakfast and had been waiting for me. I followed that noise into a beautiful dining room. Is this seriously his house? I had to catch my jaw from dropping as I admired the golden chandelier and outstretched dining table where he sat at the opposite end. I met his blue eyes with my own, then blushed and looked away shyly. 

"Ah, there you are!" He said happily. "I wasn't sure what you would like, but I made some oatmeal with a fruit plate and some toast and jam. Let me know if you want anything else, yes, yes." He said as he gestured to the array of food near him. 

I nodded and walked over to sit adjacent to him. As I gazed at my plate ravenously, I suddenly blurted out, "Thank you so much!" With a balance of attempting to be polite but also trying to stop my stomach from growling, I wolfed down all the food in no time. I noticed his eyes turn to me during the meal a couple times paired with a chest rise, almost like he was preparing to say something, but then he would avert back to newspaper, allowing me to focus all my attention on my breakfast. 

I padded my mouth with a napkin and finished my water. "I, um...thank you for everything. I'm sorry if I've been a nuisance.." I grabbed my elbow anxiously, looking down at my thighs slightly embarrassed at how hungry I'd been. 

He provided a chuckle and an charming smile. "It's no problem at all, I'm just glad you are okay! Anyways, I talked to a friend of mine who's a physician. It's usually his day off, but he'd like to see you as soon as possible to make sure everything is all right, yes, yes. He was actually a little upset we didn't bring you to a hospital in the first place..." He muttered the last part quietly, and I detected a little guilt in his voice. "If it's all right with you, Wilbur and Orville are all ready to fly us there. They run the airport on the island."

"Of course, I'll just follow your lead." I smiled softly and stood up as he did. I automatically began clearing my dishes but he placed a hand on mine. 

"Don't worry about those, I will grab them later."

I set the plates back down. "Oh, o-okay." 

He handed me some f/c shoes and waited as I put them on. Why does it seem like he knew my shoe size? These fit perfectly..I gazed at him quizzically, but he said nothing. We made our way outside past his equally stunning front door and I got a quick view of his hous- er, mansion as we walked along the footpath. Wow, just, wow. It was a cream colored place with a large, grayish blue roof, a fountain in front, indoor pool, it must have at least fifty rooms, no wonder I got lost. It must look beautiful at night with all the lights on..I wasn't even sure how to describe the excitement I felt as I admired it. 

I craned my neck back around to immediately meet Tom's eyes as he noticed me inspecting the house. 

"Sorry!" I squeaked.

"You're fine!" He waved his hand to emphasize it was no big deal and continued to walk forward.

What does he do for a living? Does he run the island? Does he live alone? Does he have a wife? Does he have kids? When did he move here? Why has he been so kind to me? Questions bombarded my mind, I wanted to ask but I also didn't feel it was any of my business. I got the impression he was a private, professional person..the least I can do is respect that, but I suppose I can still wonder..

I admired the other houses and shops and..a museum?! I felt my heartbeat speed up, I would love to visit when we returned. In the distance, I also noticed some villagers looking my direction, they must be as curious about me as I am them. I took note of them, it appeared to be a dark brown deer with a pink blouse and a red wolf with light blue dress talking under their breath as we inspected one another. Tom waved at them, and they shyly waved back, quickly turning around to walk the other way towards the tailor's shop. Are there any other humans here? 

As our feet hit the dock, a blue and white airport and a seaplane with matching colors met my eyes. They even have an airport on this island? Must be popular here.. 

A cool wind bit my skin as we crossed the doors, only to be met by two blue and yellow feathered birds who I assumed were Wilbur and Orville, all ready to shuffle us onto the plane. 

"I'm Wilbur, and this is my brother Orville," Wilbur introduced. Though his expression was hidden behind dark sunglasses, but I could tell he was examining me closely.

"This is Y/N!" Tom replied, "Are we ready to fly, hm? I'd like to get her to the physician as soon as possible." 

"Absolutely! Come this way!" Orville said cheerily.

As we were guided to the plane, Wilbur followed behind closely. Even without turning around, I could feel his eyes burning into my back. 

~