Ray's P.O.V.

"DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP ON HIM"

I'm hit with flashbacks of all the times when Henry and I fought crime together. There was never a moment where he gave up. He was always fighting, he was always there.

"NOT WHEN HE NEEDS YOU MOST"

Drex, Twitler, Dr. Minyak, the Toddler...it didn't matter who. Henry rose up to the challenge and even helped me along the way. Like the musical curse. Henry gave me back the confidence I'm always known for.

"Please find him Ray."

"Go find my dorky brother."

    I can't give up. Schwoz said there's a shred of hope and Charlotte convinced me to believe it. It doesn't matter that it's almost impossible, all that matters is that there's a chance. As I run, I can only think about what Henry would do if it were him sprinting to the mountain. He probably would've been the one to yell at everyone that I had to be okay. He would've wasted no time in scaling the mountain to find me. He would've held onto hope. Damn, I could sure use his optimism right about now. Like the bro song. That song was just what I needed to get back into my Captain Man spunk, not just cause it was about me, wait, actually yeah. The song was about how awesome I was and it was just what I needed. Though, I guess for tonight, I'm on my own for encouragement.

    I ignore the aching in my muscles and I continue the sprint towards the Swellview mountains. Every second feels longer and every breath I take feels sharper. I want so badly to be up on the mountain already. Looking for Henry. But another part of me is actually fearing the moment when I get there. What if I find the opposite of what I'm looking for? What if  I never find- I shake my head and clear those thoughts. I have to remain hopeful. I can't let all my fear take over. I need to stay strong and focused. I owe it to Henry to, for once in my life, act like a serious adult. That's what he deserves.

    After what seems like an eternity, I reach the borders of the mountain. The heavy smoke from the explosion has begun to make its way down. Ashes and debris are scattered around and build terrifying scenarios in my head.

'What if he's been impaled from all the debris'

'What if he's suffocated from all the smoke'

'What if he's lost too much blood'

I actually have to slap myself out of my head. I can't waste time thinking of 'what ifs' cause if I do, one of those deadly questions could come true. I take a deep breath and prepare for the vicarious climb. Unfortunately, I'm spotted by news reporters and I don't have my mask on. All at once, I'm blocked from my path and surrounded by a crowd of reporters and they're never ending lists of questions. I'm forced to shield my face away from them. Usually, I enjoy the spotlight and attention but like I said, I owe it to Henry to remain focused. His life depends on it.

"Captain Man, can you explain what's happened?"

"Who's responsible for this?"

"What crashed into the mountain?"

"Why did it happen?"

"How are you injured?"

    I try and push past them all. I need to hurry. Especially before they notice that someone is missing and ask the dreaded question.

"Where's Kid Danger?"

There it is. Once the question is spoken, that's all the reporters ask about.

"Was he in the explosion?"

"Where are his whereabouts?"

"Is he alive?"