As the Dark Creature vanished into an ebony puff of smoke, probably to sulk in some dark part of hell, Sam asked, "Who's Portal, the bright light from Mila's house that some of us wisely ran away from?"

Avery waved him off, "You just answered your own question." Sam mumbled something along the lines of smart ass before turning to the now-stirring Mila. She opened her drowsy eyes, waking earlier than predicted. Perhaps the Dark Creature wasn't so all perfect, or maybe he wanted the group to think that. Either way, Sam didn't dig deep into it as they all lowered their eyes to Mila.

Her mouth didn't itch and her lips weren't tingly. The most she felt were the pins-and-needles in her half-awake foot. By some miracle, she remained healthy, only slightly tired. Her voice was groggy as she managed a light smile and said, "Anyone care to fill me in?"

Clyde grinned.

---------

"So," said Will as he brushed his midnight black hair out of his maroon eyes. The group were walking back to the cave, already halfway there and too exhausted to bother jogging, let alone running. Sam continued Will's comment, "Soap opera." He smirked as Will rose his eyebrows, staring at him side-long as if to say really?

Will soon smirked too and Sam dropped his smile. Suspicious, too suspicious. He usually enjoyed joking around with Will because he did a damn good job at reacting but it was a lot less fun when Will enjoyed it too. As if confirming Sam's thoughts Will said, "It's a pundemic!"
Sam shook his head in disbelief and chuckled receiving a triumphant grin on Will's face. Will: 1. Sam: 0. Oh, it's so on. Will's smile faded as he said, "I need to tell you about something. And I need you to take me seriously," he paused and took a shaky breath in. Sam feigned hurt and gasped dramatically, "I would never joke about you." Will gave him a look and Sam sighed, nodding for him to explain further.

"I've been having these...hallucinations, recently. Back at the cave, I had them of meeting a bright light, which came true when we met the Portal. It was also part of the reason I ran away, I didn't want to face it. Sometimes they happen in my dreams, that's when they morph into nightmares."

"So you're saying," said Sam, "you can foresee the near future?" A nod of confirmation from Will had Sam puffing out a long breath. "That is certainly not what I thought you'd say..." Will chuckled half-heartedly and asked what Sam thought he'd say. Sam blushed and muttered something along the lines of, "Doesn't matter," followed by, "Had any more recent hallucinations?"

Will shifted his weight from one foot to another and chewed his lip. He avoided sharing eye-contact with Sam, looking to the horizon blooming over the hills. It held an ominous feel like it was watching, waiting to strike when the iron was hot. Almost like one slip up of Will would make it pounce. Despite this, Will felt relaxed, less alone and clouded by his thoughts. It was a distraction, for once.

He furrowed his brow, looking to the ground as he spoke, "This recent one was different but I don't remember the details. I think that's a good thing considering this one particular element I can't forget."

"What. What is it?" asked Will with renewed curiosity and interest, his earlier apprehension gone.

Will shivered, "It was of Avery's face, though it wasn't her. It was a wolf." Sam sucked in a shallow breath and gasped with seriousness edged in his voice, contrasted to his usual joking mood. Will nodded in understanding and confirmation. If his hallucinations could indeed tell the future, then they were all damned. What was to soon happen to the group, Will didn't know, but he'd make sure they all remained as safe as possible until fate killed them all. Literally.

---------

Avery's brisk walk slowed down as she watched Will and Sam from a distance. No, she did not like either of them in that way, but she did like shipping pairs when opportunities peeked, or rather, sailed. This ship was far across the sea, well on its way to America. A chance to be taken for granted.