*Sofia's P.O.V.*

After debating wether or not I should confront Niall for a solid minute, I decided that I wasn't going to stay quiet. I gathered all of my strength and courage as I walked determinant towards them. The closer I got the more I could see that the woman was practically pressed up against Niall, she even had her hand on his chest. What the actual fuck? When I was 2 meters away, Niall finally looked away from her and saw me walking furiously towards him.

"What the fuck?" I blurted out when I was in their hearing range.

"Babe..." Niall trailed off, the woman who I still hadn't even looked at removed her hand from Niall's chest, at least.

"Don't babe me Niall." I was so pissed, why the hell was he hiding near the bathrooms cornered against a wall with a woman practically all over him, and all of this while I was mere meters away.

"Seriously it's not what it looks like." He tried to explain, but I cut him off.

"Yeah right, that's what every guy says."

"I'm Ellie." The woman tried to introduce herself, and that's when I realized that it was Ellie Goulding, one of Niall's ex girlfriends, and that made me even madder. I just stared at her with an 'are you being fucking serious' look on my face, hoping she'd get the hint. "I'll leave you two alone then." She started backing away. "Talk to you later Niall." She winked at him. Was this motherfucker being seriously? The audacity...I couldn't believe it. I turned to look back at Niall, who was still staring at Ellie as she went away.

"Are you being serious? You're watching her leave?" I glared at him.

"No I swear." Niall answered, turning his attention back to me.

"Are you going to fucking explain yourself?"

"Nothing happened Sofia!" Niall exclaimed.

"Then why the fuck did I come looking for you after you had gone to take a piss nearly 30 minutes ago and come to find you cornered with your fucking ex girlfriend's face mere inches away from yours?"

"She's crazy." Niall sighed.

"That's all you're going to answer?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Literally nothing happened. I just came out of the bathroom, and she stopped me. I wasn't going to be rude to her so I stopped and said Hi, and then she started basically throwing herself at me." I let out a breath of relief that I didn't even know I was holding in, but he still wasn't off the hook.

"And it didn't occur to you to tell her you have a girlfriend?"

"I did tell her!" Niall exclaimed, a little louder, causing a few people to look our way.

"And? She didn't care?"

"She didn't! I mean, she's married and didn't give a fuck about that either. She kept throwing herself at me. But I kept pushing her off I swear. You know I'd never do anything to hurt you or risk our relationship babe."

"Then why didn't you leave?"

"'Cause I know Ellie and she loves causing scenes. I knew that if I left before she finished talking she'd make a scene and I honestly didn't want that."

"You swear?" My face softened up a bit, it did sound as if he were telling the truth.

"I swear. You know I wouldn't leave you for anyone else, especially not her."

"Fine, I believe you."

"Thanks petal." Niall spoke as relief washed over him. "Please let's not let this ruin our night."

"Don't worry, I won't let it ruin it. It's not worth to keep fighting over something that didn't happen. But seriously how could you date her Niall? I mean she doesn't even care about cheating on her boyfriend."

"I know, I swear she wasn't like that when we dated. And besides we only went out for about 2 months, I didn't even get the chance to know the real her. Glad I didn't stick around though."

"I'm glad you didn't stick around too, or it would have been you the one who gets cheated on."

"I know, I know. Let's make our way back to the table. It's almost midnight." Niall spoke before I checked the time, and he was right, it was already 11:53, 7 more minutes 'till midnight. We made our way back to the table, passing through Ellie's table on the way, and she had the audacity to smile at us, like what the fuck was wrong with her? I decided that she wasn't worthy of our time and decided to not think about her, I wasn't going to let her ruin my night with Niall.

"Took you long enough." Louis voiced as soon as we got back to the table.

"Everything okay?" Eleanor asked me quietly so that the rest wouldn't hear.

"Yeah, we just ran into one of Niall's exes, but everything's fine. I'll tell you the story later."

"Sure! I'm glad everything's fine though." She smiled at me. She was so nice all the time, and it just made me sad knowing all of the hate she had received online from all of Louis' fans, she didn't deserve it at all.

"Here you go babe." Niall interrupted my thoughts as he handed me a glass of champagne.

"Thanks." I grabbed it and before I even knew it the countdown began.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1!" The crowd cheered. "Happy New Year!" They all exclaimed before Niall turned to look at me and planted a kiss on my lips. Making the whole world around me disappear when he did.

"Happy New Year Soph."

"Happy New Year Nialler." I smiled at him as we drank our champange, forgetting all about the incident with Ellie and focusing on each other. Being together and being able to welcome the year together and with the rest of his bandmates was all that mattered. There was no other place that I would rather be, this is where I belonged, with Niall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you so much for all the love you're giving my story! It means a lot to me. I just wanted to add a little drama, so sorry for the cliffhanger last chapter, but at least Niall wasn't doing anything wrong. Also *disclaimer* no hate towards Ellie, I'm sure she's a wonderful person. I had to make her the 'bad guy' hence her behavior in the story, but I'm sure she's great irl. For all the new readers, I update daily! How are you enjoying the story so far? If you have any suggestion about something you'd like me to include be sure to leave it in the comments! I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr