Nell looks at Deeks in pity, "Kensi and Deeks will have to go under as a dating couple.."

Deeks, not having said anything to Nell when they spoke, he clenches his fists, "Can't Callen do it? I mean their chemistry is on point, so much better than mine and Kensi's."

Kensi's face registered even more hurt and embarrassment if that was even possible, and before she could respond, Callen, knowing he had much to do with the current issue, says, "No, that's not necessary, you guys do so well in these ops."

"Evidently," Deeks gestures between he and Kensi, keeping his eyes locked on Callen, "It's not going to be the same outcome, so I suggest-"

"You suggest, what exactly, Mister Deeks?" 

"Oh, nothing Hetty, just that we should go in as newlyweds instead of the typical boyfriend/girlfreind dynamic. Don't you think, Kensalina?" Deeks says entusiastically.

Kensi, who has not said a word all morning, only nods, astonished by Deeks's ability to act as if nothing was happening just seconds earlier.

"That's a wonderful idea, actually, Mister Deeks! Come, let's get your rings, and your clothes packed." Hetty says turning on her heel, and walking to wardrobe.

On the other hand, Kensi Marie Blye, in maybe the first time, is speechless. Silently looking at the ground, bitting down on her lip, and absent-mindly playing with the hem of her shirt, hearing the cracking of her newly broken heart. Broken by the man she loved.

Loves.

She's in love with him, no going back.

-:-

The covers were given out, and as soon as they were dismissed, Deeks was the first one to speed out of ops. He went down to wardrobe, and had Hetty pack his and Kensi's things for the few days at the hotel.

"A word, Mister Deeks?"

"Yes, Hetty?" 

"Is there anything I should know that is going on with you and Miss Blye at the moment? I wouldn't want any bumps in the road for this op."

"Everything is fine, Hetty." Deeks lies.

Hetty nods slowly, "Good," She opens on of the drawers in her desk, and takes out a pair of familiar wedding bands, "As you know, you must have these with you at all times, safe guarded by your fingers."

"Thanks, Hetty." 

Deeks approaches Kensi for the first time in the morning, "Your ring," He says bitterly.

"Uh, thanks." Kensi says inaudibly. Deeks starts walkng away, but she grabs his arm for a moment, "Do you wan to carpool, I have more space in my car for suitcases?" 

"I don't, uh, I don't think I do, Agent Blye." Deeks says sourly, and turning his back before he did something stupid, like hug her.

Sam, Callen, Kensi, and Deeks were all in ther cars, ready to go, and as Sam and Callen rode off, they couldn't help but think of Kensi and Deeks.

"I feel for Deeks, man." Callen sighs.

"Me too, but Kensi's got it hard, too." Sam agrees.

"And we're the ones resposible for all of it."

"Did you just say we? I'm pretty sure you were the one that said "I bet Kensi won't ask Deeks out." Same chuckles.

"Fine, it was me, but you went along... still, we have to do something.." Callen admits.

"We can't interfere, it's a learning experience, trust me on this one. Love defies all, doesn't it?"

-:-

At the front desk, waiting for the room key, Deeks was being checked out by the lady behind the desk, and she was obnouxiously pushing out her chest.

Kensi didn't like it one bit, "Excuse me, I'd very much appreciate if you'd stop flirting with my husband, and put that poor excuse for a bust where it belongs. Thank you."

Deeks had to bite his lip to keep himself from laughing.

"I-I, my goodness, I had no idea." The lady quickly types a few more things into the computer before handing them their room key.

"Was that really necessary, Kensi." Deeks snaps once they walk into their honeymoon suite

Kensi takes a deep breath, and finally looses it, throwing her luggage across the room, "I'm playing the damn part, Deeks."

"Right, I almost forgot, we're undercover, I'm sorry, my love." Deeks says, sarcasm dripping off his tongue.

"Oh Connor, I really do hope that couch is comfortable tonight!" Kensi throws him one of the pillows on the big, heart-shapped bed next to her.

"Well, yes emily it is, it's convertable! It's a sofa-bed, HA!" Deeks says.

"Enjoy it then!"

"Ohohooo, I will, w i f e y!" Deeks says, putting emphasis on wifey, since he knows it pisses her off.

"It's going to be a wonderful week, babe!" She slams the door to the bedroom of the room.

A great week.

One great week, indeed.