Chapter 3

Every night Wei Wuxian would sneak inside Jingshi and longingly look at his Husband. He would caress his hand and shower him with kisses without him knowing. It was the only time, he got to touch his husband, to feel his warmth. And everyday, Wei Wuxian would upturn the Library Pavilion, going trough rows of scrolls and heaps of books.

Lan Xichen had granted him permission to step inside the Secret chamber. Lan Wangji was not pleased at the news. Once he wanted to step inside the Secret Chamber, his uncle didn't allow him. But for what reason he wanted to go there, he couldn't recall.

Lan Xichen didn't allow Lan Wangji to involve in any sect matters, not even allowing him to go to night hunts. Thus, Lan Wangji spent most of his time in Jingshi playing guqin or in rabbit field with his son.

"Lan Zhan! A-Yuan!"

Hearing the voice, Lan Wangji knitted his brows. He certainly did not welcome that person and ignored him completely.

"Wei Qianbei!" Lan Shizui immediately beamed up and embraced his father in a hug. Lan Xichen had guided him to take extra care of his father as he might feel lonely and even unwelcomed without Wangji and Lan Shizui was determined to spoil his father rotten.

Lan Wangji didn't understand their display of affection, nor did he like how his son seemed to love the Senior Disciple of Yunmeng more. No, he was a disciple of Gusu now, Lan Wangji had learnt that.

And because he couldn't get rid of him, made him hate him even more.

Just what did brother see in him?

Lan Wangji stood up from his spot and headed towards Jingshi, When he felt a foreign touch on his wrist.

"Lan Zhan wait!" Wei Wuxian followed behind; afraid he might go away.

"Don't touch me!" Lan Wangji glared. He never knew he was capable of hoarding such resentment towards anyone.

Wei Wuxian raised his hands high as he let go, but the smile on his face didn't falter.

"Lan Zhan, why are you so mad this early huh? Can't I have a lovely chat with you once?"

"No!" Lan Wangji glared and resumed his steps.

"Aiya Aiya, Wangji Xiong, listen to me first. I have to tell you something important."

This got Lan Wangji's attention but he still didn't let go of his anger. Seeing that elder was willing to listen, Wei Wuxian beamed and came in front of him to see eye to eye.

"Lan Zhan, I am going away for few days."

"Why are you informing me?" Lan Wangji frowned.

"Because I wanted to." Wei Wuxian said with a sad smile.

Lan Wangji narrowed his eyes, his heart flinched for a moment but he didn't dare to think too much of it.

"Wei Qianbei, where are you going?" Lan Shizui asked worriedly. Wei Wuxian patted his head and pulled his soft cheeks mischievously, his eyes however reflected different emotions.

"A-Yuan, I will be back before you know it, make sure you take extra care of your father."

Lan Shizui nodded his head vigorously, fulling trusting every words of the man before him. Lan Wangji had already continued to move to Jingshi, not looking back even once.

"You know, back then Lan Zhan wasn't this cold." Or maybe I didn't love him back then that his cold shoulder didn't bother me too much?

Wei Wuxian's eyes followed the disappearing back of his beloved. Before the night could fall, Yiling Patriarch had left Cloud Recesses.