↳ 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐈

Start from the beginning

"Rui-"

"[F/n]!"

The girl stayed still as the boy's body crashed into her own. Her eyes watching as the crimson liquid on his own yukata slowly bled into her own, not that she minded either way. Her [e/c] orbs trailing over to the dead bodies that lay on the floor.

[F/n]'s heart sank a bit seeing the two. She knew what had happened, after all she had to make sure to keep watch on Rui through everything until he decided to leave with her. But it had still made the girl feel bad to see them now dead.

They had seemed like such good parents to the boy. Doing whatever it took in order to give him what he needed. A simply misunderstanding was able to take that all away from both him and the parents. 

"They're gone...they're gone"

"I know Rui, it's okay I'm here"

The female demon patted the male's head in comfort. Her nails lightly pulling strands of hair as she kept going. Being able to sense the male slowly sinking into the comfort that she was giving to him.

The guilt that began to way heavily on the girl didn't seem to fade even when she consoled the male. Knowing full well that, even if Rui would never say it, they were dead because of her steps. Because she offered to give him a power he didn't seem ready for.

"Would you like to come with me?"

The question startled the male, but not in a bad way. His grip on the girl tightening as he thought about the question. Of course, he had already known what the answer was going to be from him, but he didn't want to seem desperate about it.

Though the now demon did wonder if she already knew his answer from the start. Asking it only to get a little more comfort to the male. Though even if that was the case he would still be very grateful for it. The chance to get to stay with her even just a bit longer was enough for him.

"Yes, please allow me to come with"

[F/n] let the smallest smile come to her face. Knowing that Muzan could be lurking anywhere without either of them knowing. She was a demon now, and such emotions should be beyond her but they weren't.

It was going to be a fight in order for her to ever let them go. The one thing that had made her still feel human. She could tell that Rui, for not at least, had the emotions too. Seeing the tears still falling from his face was proof enough of that.

"How about this Rui..."

The girl trailed off, her hands grabbing his now snow white ones in her own. The touch sending waves of unfamiliar feelings through the male as he stared into her eyes. 

"Together, you and I will make you another family."

Her words had struck cords in the male that he didn't know existed. Fantasies began forming in his head almost immediately after the soft words echoed through her lips. His eyes widening in both hope and disbelief.

To start a new, was something that he had craved for so long. To have a family that was picture perfect in his own eyes had been a far away and out of sight fantasy. And for the words he had been thinking about for so long to reach his ears, and by someone else was exhilarating. 

"Can we...can we do that?"

"Of course, we can do whatever we please really"

Even if the girl's hand had now left his own Rui could still feel her touch lingering. The tingling he felt in his fingertips was, without a doubt, from the girl. They were now the same, both the horrid creatures that people had feared, and yet would never have to fear one another.

It was nice to both of them to know someone as a demon. To have someone on their side in the fight that would be upon them before they knew it. But neither of them were alone at least, and that was a plus in both their eyes.

"Natagumo..."

The red eyed male snapped his head up towards the girl who was now looking away from him. Her eyes off in the distance, unknown to him looking to where the two children still lay dead in the snow.

"Natagumo?"

"Yes...that's where we'll go"

𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐈 𝐄𝐍𝐃