Chapter 1 - Anonymity

Start from the beginning

In fact, you know very well the reason for this need to be accompanied, even if it is your best friend. In another of her fights with Hermione ... She doesn't even know what the theme is this time ... She simply said that she wouldn't go to the ball with him even if he were the last man on earth. He hinted that no one would accept his invitation and ... That was his lowest blow. Now he fears the solitude of that party as if he were cursed.

Harry sits down at one of the tables, totally discouraged. The music can't move him. For some time now it has felt strange. This problem with girls and some feelings about boys ... It's confusing ... I can't say if it's a phase or if I finally found an answer to the failure that has always been with women. Not only was he sympathetic when he said that the outfit looked good on Ron, he really thought his friend was attractive. May the redhead never know, because he would be purple with shame and ... What would you think of him? The same as everyone at Hogwarts was suspicious ...

"Wow! I don't even want to imagine if it reaches Malfoy's ears! " - Potter winces at that prospect.

Carelessly sitting, Harry tries to contain himself, knowing that he will be alone again ... As always. And discovering yourself does not make your life any easier. On the contrary, it makes a kind of sarcasm increase in him ... something evil that he cannot control. He feels blessed by the anonymity that the mask gives him, disguising the perception of his identity, because he is too sour.

Almost automatically the two begin to notice the fantasies of the others. Some are fabulous, but others are just ridiculous. And as much as conscience accuses him, Harry does not resist and decides to vent this bad feeling.

- Wow! There are people who have no idea! - Observes a boy dressed as a cowboy, but in whom the costume does not match his body at all. – English cowboy... I could only do that!

Ron also observes the same boy, but with his friend's always good guy attitude, he didn't even have the courage to say what he thought. Realizing the change and still disgusted with the fight he had with Hermione, the boy relaxes and, like Harry, decides to make this damn ball slightly fun. He gets up and stands beside the other's chair, touching his shoulder and pointing at a group of girls dressed as an angel. They look good, but Harry's weary expression discourages him.

- Ron, Ron, look over there ... That tall girl dressed as Alice !!! - Touch the boy's hand, indicating a close couple. - Doesn't that part look like when she eats the piece of the mushroom ??? Hahahaha. She grew too much and the dress was !!!

- Hahahahahaha. It looks like she's on a wooden leg! - He still says that Harry's mood is strange, but he joins in the fun. - And the escort? Costumed as a musketeer !!! The costume is a smaller number or he got fat these days before the party!

The two laugh loudly, without disguising it, some people look at them with disdain for realizing what they are doing. But Harry this time doesn't care what they think of him, especially under the protection of the mask. Anonymity gives you the freedom that notoriety never allowed.

- Did you see that skinny redhead dressed as Queen Elisabeth? - Ron looks at the girl and remotely remembers that Ginny had told her something that would be a queen ... Is it the fantasy you chose? - This poor thing has a lot to put on weight to fill this fantasy!

- But that is mine ... - Try to prevent the friend from continuing to speak ill of his sister.

The brunette doesn't even realize what Ron is trying to do, he just knows that the girls never looked so dull and uninteresting. He always wondered where his difficulty was, but now he thinks about how his interest in Cho was forced by himself. I wanted to like someone, like all your colleagues ... Just that and nothing else.