05. The Other Woman

Start from the beginning

The dazed brunette immediately nodded. “Yes, yes she is. I had no idea she was here.”

“Well, why don’t you invite her inside? We might as well have some tea with her while we’re here.”

“No, she’s busy.”

“She doesn’t seem to be busy.”

“No, I insist. She’s very busy.”

“Miss Granger, I really do think she’s free right now.”

“No, I don’t think so.”

“I’m sure she can spare just a few minutes to have some tea with us right her--”

“Well, Narcissa, she’s doesn’t.” Hermione snapped and immediately felt guilty for her outrageous behavior towards an adult.

Narcissa’s eyes widened but there was no sign of emotion passing her face. “Well, perhaps you’re right, then.” She scoffed and took a long sip of her tea.

Hermione sighed as she licked her dry lips. Draco smiled smugly at her as he winked, giving her a thumbs up. She wanted to hex him. But no, Ginny had her wand. And that brought her back to square one: how to get Ginny’s attention and tell her to run away? She cleared her throat and ever-so-casually hit the window with her hand as she ‘stretched’.

Ginny turned around suspiciously at the sudden sound behind her and spotted Hermione sitting by the window with Draco and Narcissa Malfoy. Her eyes widened as she clamped a hand over her mouth, trying to stop herself from laughing. Who knew this would actually happen? She made her way towards the window cautiously and stared at Hermione, giving her some eye signals.

Hermione locked eyes with Ginny and immediately cocked her head to the side, telling her to leave. She raised her eyebrows and widened her eyes all the while tilting her head a little to the side to get the message across. Ginny lingered there for a few minutes until she finally nodded, smiling big and walking away. Hermione let out a deep breath, feeling as if she gained ten years of her life back.

“Hm, it seems Mrs. Potter is gone.” Narcissa remarked, raising an eyebrow. “Miss Granger,”

“Yes?” Hermione responded politely, taking a sip of her coffee.

Narcissa cleared her throat and looked at her son. “Draco, dear, will you please go and and get us something to nibble on?” She asked with a sweet grin. Draco stared at his mom suspiciously but finally sighed, giving in.

“Of course, mother. I’ll be right back.” He told Hermione and reluctantly left the two women alone. Hermione immediately stiffened up as she felt a cold breeze send shivers down her spine. She chewed on her bottom lip as she nervously looked around, hoping to distract herself with something, anything.

“When’s Draco’s birthday?” Narcissa suddenly asked with a wide smile. “Surely, you know his birthday.” She said in a condescending tone as she waited for Hermione’s answer.