Chapter 9 : Practice

Start from the beginning

There was silence between them.

"Are you f**king kidding me?", Eren said seething in anger, "do you really think that you can make me quit the team because I refuse to do push-ups? if you think so then you've got another thing coming you little-".

Eren's rant was cut off as a stone met his head.

"Good grief", Finn said in a bored manner with that smile on his face, "just look at the eyes of whom you're talking to".

Sure enough when Eren looked at Levi he almost pissed his pants. His gaze was so intense that it could kill. Eren was sure that if looks could kill he would've been dead at least 10 times over.

"I didn't quite catch that Jeager. Could you complete your sentence, little what?", Levi asked.

Although Eren was a bit scared he still proved stubborn. He wanted to get his point across to the short man in his front. After all it's not like he could actually hurt him, right?

"little shit", Eren answered, "a short stuff who is underestimating our capabi-"

Eren didn't know what happened but as soon as those words left his mouth he received a kick to his side which undoubtedly broke a rib. He fell to the floor gasping for air.

"Now Jeager let this be the first and last time that you'll question my authority. Do I make myself clear?", Levi said looking down at him.

"argh, y-yeah", Eren replied groaning in pain.

"Tch", Levi said and walked away.

"And also the both of you, give me 100 sit-ups and 50 push-ups".

Jean took a glance at Eren and offered his hand to him which Eren although grudgingly accepted.

The both of them proceeded with their punishment albeit a bit difficult for Eren considering his rib has probably been broken.

Armin seeing everything that happened was a bit scared, scratch that, he was absolutely terrified of Coach Levi. He secretly thanked God for not putting him with Levi. He quickly looked at the faces of his comrades seeing shock and a bit of fear at least on Connie, Thomas, Marco, Reiner and Bertholdt's part, Finn with the same expression as usual although he looked like he was trying to hold in his laughter and Marlowe trying to ignore what just happened.

"Why are you scared? Your friend will be fine", Hanji told him.

"A-are you sure?", Armin asked her.

"Positive. I'll make sure he bounces back into action", Hanji said with a wide creepy smile that made Armin cringe and wonder whether she was actually a medical expert.

"Anyway let's see what you've got. So I want you to shoot 5 baskets and run around with the ball while dodging these obstacles"

"O-okay", Armin said and proceeded to do as such.

When he finished, Hanji called him to tell him her observations.

"So from my observations, you have no hope at all", she said smiling towards him.

Armin was taken aback by her bluntness and his spirit dropped significantly when he heard her statement.

"but there is something unusual about you", she said, "you almost lack presence, keyword almost. When you first came to me did you know that I didn't see you for the first ten minutes until you gasped when Levi kicked your friend. Now that is really unusual",

"Y-yes. I've had the same problem even in middle and high school. People didn't really notice me until I indicated that I was there. The only ones who saw me at first glance were Eren and Mikasa.", Armin explained.