*• Prologue •*

"ZIZIIIIII!!"

Stanley Barber, my best friend since preschool, diaper-wearing freaks. I'm Amazon Dodger also known as-

"Zizi, you won't believe who just passed by and gave me some eye contact." Stan wiggled his eyebrows and smiled brightly. "One of the most popular senior girls! She's so pretty too, I mean, of course, you're pretty because you're my best friend but still! It was so magical..." He trailed off giving me a happy sigh.

Me and Stan have just finished 8th grade, walking out of school and passing by the high school just to see what it was like. Stanley wandered off somewhere and one of the senior girls give him "The Look." I mean I'm not mad though, as long as he's happy and alive, so am I.

He was two inches taller than me at the moment, but I'm sure he's going to get way taller. Stan was also a year older than me, with me being 13 and he was 14, but honestly, I didn't mind that either. We were best friends, nothing could stand in between the two of us.

"Soooo," Stan began, throwing his arm over my shoulder. "How was your daaayyy." He asked dragging along the word as he said it. "Honestly, couldn't be better," I replied with a smile walking along the sidewalk of our small town in Pennsylvania called Brownsville. "You know, I really, want to go somewhere. Other than staying in this stupid town you know?" I began, kicking a pebble as I walked in the process.

"Yeah, wanna come over, have a sleepover again? We can get hiiiiggghhh." He sang throwing his hands in the air crazily followed by me covering his mouth with my hands. "Shut up or someone will hear crazy." I giggled looking around as cars and people passed by.

"Fine madame, can we get some snacks? I'm starving."

— • — • —

After our little food shopping at the gas station, we went on and made our way home. Obviously, the two of us were joking and laughing about it. Throwing small bits of food at each other and giggling. The two of us spun around and sang songs like the dumb pre-teens we were. We wanted to live in the moment, enjoy the presence of each other.

As we turned the corner of our neighborhood block, we see a large moving truck down the road. "Ooouuuhhh! Look at that Zi, looks like we have a few new neighbors." Stan told sternly but he still smiled and bit his lip in excitement.

"I wonder if they're murderer's, I wouldn't wanna be here if they were targeting me." I joked as Stan nudged me playfully. "Oh cmon, they can't be that bad. See there's a little boy." Stan pointed out who was holding a small hedgehog in his hands and feeding it a piece of banana.

We both watch as he walked inside replacing a girl our age walking out. Her hair was a fiery burning red that was cut short and shaggy. Her dad seemed to follow close behind ruffling her hair. They seemed close to one another.

"Should we go say hi?" Stan wondered making me catch his gaze. He was staring right at the girl, not wanting to look away. "Yeah, I think no, they look busy. Plus it's getting late. Aren't we going to have our sleepover?" I ask and he finally looks down at me with a smile.

"Duhhh of course we are!" He yelled picking me up and spinning both of us around. I screamed and laughed aloud making the girl with red hair catch us. I look over at her and watch her roll her eyes before getting another box from the moving truck.

Honestly, I could read Stan like a book and I can tell when he likes someone. Especially if she's our new neighbor. "I'll meet you at my house alright?" He tells and I nod as he runs into his house. I go into the mine, being greeted by my Dalmatian named Cooper.

"Hey Coop

"Hey Coop." I smiled having him lick my face from finally seeing me. He was only a year old so he was a big boy already. Although he isn't as big as he should be yet. "I'll be back tomorrow okay?" I tell as he barks in response.

I go into the kitchen and see my parents there. They are very supportive and all but sometimes, they just expect too much from me and it isn't my best time when we fight.

"Hey Mom, Dad." I greeted, hugging them both and they hugged back. "How was school?" My mom asked walking over to the sink and putting her mug in it. "It's alright. I'm going to have another sleepover with Stanley again if you don't mind." I tell with a smile and taking a cookie from the plate on the table.

"Really? You had one last week." My dad told looking up from his newspaper. "Nothing really can't keep you both apart. Just be back tomorrow by noon, you have your chores to do." My mom reminded me with a smile and I thought for a moment.

"I actually think something for once might keep us apart," I tell worryingly and my dad looked up from his paper again. "Whatever do you mean? You both are the best of friends and we live right across the street from each other." He wondered curiously adjusting his glasses.

"You know the family that just moved down the street from us?" I questioned looking at both of my parents. The two then look at each other before looking at me curiously. "Of course, we sent a few cookies to them earlier. They seem like very nice people, Amazon." Mom furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Yeah, the girl over there, the one our age..." I began before looking down at the table in front of me. "Cmon Zizi, spit it out." My dad told impatiently.

"I think Stanley Barber likes her."

Word Count: 1,003