Chapter 26

My family and Lia's are having our lunch together. It is to finalize everything and making sure that everything is done before the wedding that will be held tomorrow.

We have started eating. However, Lia's silhouette could not be seen anywhere.

'Where is she? What will she do?' Getting more anxious as the time goes on, I started to play with my food in the plate until it turned into a mush.

"Lia just texted me. She said that she will be here as soon as possible." Lia's father, Mr. Choi stated after checking his phone.

"We are sorry, Mr and Mrs Hwang. She will be here soon." Mrs Choi apologized to my parents before smiling at me.

I replied her smile and continue eating. Not long after, Lia came. However, she is not alone. I raised an eyebrow to her when our gaze met. She replied my questioning look by giving me an assurance smile in which it successfully increased my anxiety level.

"Lia, you are late. You should be embarrassed for making them wait." Ms Choi said while giving her daughter a glare.

"It is okay. You don't need to apologise to us, dear." My mother replied, shaking her head.

"Who is this? Why are you bringing him here?"

"Mom, dad, Mr and Mrs Hwang, and also Yeji. This is Lee Minho." Lia gestured her hand towards the guy beside her.

"I am Lee Minho, one of Yeji's and Lia's classmate in the university." He bowed to us before having handshakes with our fathers.

With questioning looks, all five pairs of eyes look over Lia and Minho, seeking for any clues on why he is here, with us.

"Mom and dad, I am sorry. I don't think that I am going to marry Yeji."

"What are saying, young lady?" Mr Choi asked, shock could be seen all over his face.

No, not only on his face. Shock is written on our faces. Everyone are surprised by what she had said before. I didn't thought that she will really call of the wedding.

"Minho is not just a friend of mine. I have been dating him for a year now."

Minho scratched his nape before saying, "I am sorry to keep this secret, Mr and Mrs Choi. I knew that Lia and Yeji are engaged but Lia insisted to date me in secret."

"Keep your mouth shut, man. Choi Jisu, what are you talking about? This is not the right time for you to make a joke like that." Mr Choi asked Lia with his reddened face, obviously it is due to his anger.

"I am not joking, dad. I met him in law school. I didn't realized that I fell for him since we first being a groupmate, together with Yeji. Mr and Mrs Hwang, I am really sorry. I will take the responsibility for everything. I will pay back every single cent that have been used for the wedding."

"Money is not the real problem here, Lia. You have been engaged with Yeji for years, Lia. Why now? My mom asked her with a disappointed face.

I knew her well. Even though I am engaged with Lia for the sake of their business, however, my mother had been loving Lia since we were child. She really loves Lia. She even treated Lia like her own daughter.

"I am sorry, Ms Hwang. It was all my fault. I can't be loyal to Yeji. My heart is drawn towards Minho once I set my eyes on him. He is really a kind-hearted person. He is also a caring and loving friend to both of me and Yeji."

With that, her father slammed the table with a raging face.

"ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE, CHOI JISU!"

Lia looked at me and smiled. She is fighting for me, her love. I am speechless; couldn't utter any words since Lia began speaking about her 'love'.