Chapter 20

I wanted to have this chapter up wayyy earlier but school got really busy as I got finals again next week, but anyway, here it is. I hope you enjoy!

"Hello sexy mama." I heard from behind me and I turned around. Daniel was standing behind the couch all sweaty and out of breath. "Had a nice run?" I asked and he nodded. "I'll go take a shower and then I'll come cuddle with the two of you." He pecked my lips and I smiled at him, before he went upstairs. I looked down at my baby bump and smiled, thinking about the day we found out.

It was the third day in a row that I woke up because I had to throw up. For the third time, Daniel held my hair back and gave me a glass of water to rinse my mouth. "Babe?" Daniel asked when I got back into the bedroom. I hummed and looked at him, while grabbed my hand. "Maybe we need to get a test.. This is the third morning you woke up sick.." Could it be? Well, I guess.. And it's better to know, so that I won't harm the baby if I'm pregnant. I nodded. "I'll go get a test, then you can get some rest, okay hun?" I nodded again and leaned into his embrace. "I love you, Daniel." He smiled and pressed his lips to mine. "I love you too, [Y/N]."

The timer went and Daniel turned it off. "Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah, I am." I grabbed the test from the coffee table and looked at it. Positive. Omg.. I'm pregnant!! "Babe?" "I'M PREGNANT!" I shouted and hugged Daniel tightly. He instantly started to smile and pressed kisses all over my face. "We're going to be parents!" I laughed and he pulled me into his lap. "You'll be an amazing mom." He said and kissed me on my lips. "And you'll be an amazing dad."

A hand on my cheek broke my thoughts. "There you are! What were you thinking about?" Daniel asked as he sat beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Just about the day we found out about our little bean." We both smiled and he caressed my baby bump. "I can't wait to meet her!" Daniel said and pressed his lips against mine.

"Keep the PDA in the bedroom please!" A voice came from the front door and Daniel and I jumped apart. I looked to the front door and saw Devan standing there with his backpack. "Devan!" I stood up from the couch and walked over to him, pulling him into a hug. "I thought you would come home tomorrow." Daniel said as he hugged Devan as well. "I was done with classes a day early, so I decided to come home a bit earlier." Devan started college and is now in the middle of his first year. He has a few weeks off and wanted to visit us, as we haven't seen each other in a while. He lives in a dorm, as the college he attends is too far for him to travel to everyday. Ofcourse he would come back home on some of the weekends, but during finals weeks he's spending most of his time there. "OH, I almost forgot!" He said and snapped me out of my thoughts again. This happens a lot lately and I don't really know why I'm so dreamy all of the sudden. Ahh, well, maybe it's the hormones. "I was walking in the mall with a friend of mine when I saw this!" Devan said while grabbing something out of his backpack. It was a soft-yellow bodysuit. He handed it to me and when I took a good look at it, it said 'I love my mommy and daddy'. This is really cute!

"Thank you, Devan! I love it!" I gave it to Daniel so he could look as well and I gave Devan another hug. "I missed you.." I said while running my hand through his hair. "Are the two of you still surviving dad?" He laughed when Daniel scoffed at him.

"I've been really helpful and caring!" He said defensively and Devan laughed even more. "Yeahh, but you're also kind of an idiot." Devan teased his dad. "Glad that we made it clear that you got that from him." I told Devan and laughed. He pulled a face at me and I poked his side once.

"So, what's for diner?" Daniel asked after we were lounging on the couch for a while. "I'm craving some pizza." I said as I stretched myself out. "Ohh yeah!" Devan agreed and Daniel shook his head with a smile. "Pizza it is then." Devan and I high-fived and Daniel grabbed his phone to order the pizzas. "Netflix?" I asked Devan and he nodded. I turned the TV on Daniel went to the kitchen to grab something I think. "[Y/N], don't tell dad.. But I'm seeing this girl." Wait is he joking? "Wait what?" He laughed at my shocked appearance and put his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry." He laughed and grabbed his phone, showing me a picture of a girl. "She's also in her first year, but she's studying something else. We met during one of our friends parties."

"She looks cute! For how long have the two of you been talking?" I asked and at that moment Daniel came back with some drinks. Devan quickly put his finger on his lips, signing that I can't talk about it. I nodded and he grabbed his phone out of his pocket. He typed something and turned the screen to me. 2 months. I smiled and put my arm around his shoulder, getting close enough that I could whisper in his ear. "I'm happy for you!"

Ding dong. "PIZZA!" Devan and I shouted when the doorbell rang and Daniel sighed before laughing. He got up from the couch and walked to the front door. "[Y/N]." I looked at Devan with a questioning look on my face. "I can really see that dad has been happy since he's been together with you." I smiled. "I'm really happy too!"

"About the pizza or about me?" Daniel asked while he came back into the living room. "About both." He handed us our pizza's and sat down next to me. "I love you, [Y/N]." Daniel said before kissing me on my lips. "I love you too." I leaned against him after pecking his lips again and I started the movie. Next to my love, my sort of step-son and my soon to be born daughter. I never thought that my dream job would lead to me living my dream life.

The end