Chapter 2: Control

Screams fill the thick air as his bluish green eyes land on the pair of scissors that were now jammed deep within the brunette women's chest. Her shirt staining with a dark crimson red color. Her blue eyes wide as she stared up at the tall figure in front of her. Those blue eyes weren't the same sweet ones that use to look down at him during the middle of the night when she would sing him a soft lullaby to help him fall asleep. These eyes, these eyes were filled with dread and sorrow, eyes that no longer saw a young and innocent boy but the shadow of a monster. A monster she had helped to create. The top of her pale white fingertips traced softly across his sharp features as he takes a small step back.

"Carver," It was all but a whisper that grazed across her lips. The very last words that she would ever speak. And for a split second the thought of her had made his stomach turn with regret.

His head tilts towards the side as he watches her limp body escape from his grasp, landing in a pool of her own blood. Blood that was the very same type inside of him. Chaos was all that surrounded him now, his head turning over his shoulder to now see the mess that he has created. Sheets of paper scattered all across the concrete floor, multiple metal desk thrashed across the floor now stood on their sides. Trails of blood scattered the the once white wall, countless bodies of scientist that had worked for his parents were now spread lifelessly across the floor. His eyes searching the large spacious lab. The main lab they had used for the main testing.

His heart beats rapidly against his chest as he looks around at the destruction he has now caused. This wasn't suppose to happen. He stepped over the bodies, carefully. The flashing of red lights spread across the room casting, shadows along the wall. He closes his eyes, sucking in a deep breath as he stops his movement. There's a brief noise that comes from the other side of the wall.

He was coming. Of course he was. They always sent him when one of them acted out. But this wasn't Carver acting out. How could this be acting out when it was never suppose to happen?

She had warned his father a few hours ago that something wasn't right after the testing but he had shook it off saying Carver was fine. They were all fine. That it was normal. But it wasn't. He was covered in innocent peoples blood. His mothers blood.

The metal doors on the right side of the lab hissed opened, a tall man with raven black hair and dark brown eyes walk into the spacious room wearing all black. His eyes scanning the once white pure lab. It wasn't so pure anymore. They had warn Ellis that something had been off earlier today and yet he shook his wife's concern off. He should have listened the older man thought.

She was right. And now here they were. How could they explain this to SHIELD this time?

"Carver." Those words sent a deep cold up his spine as Carver's bluish green eyes had met his cold gaze.

End Of Flashback

He awoke, his heart thrashing wildly against his chest as he tries to grasp for air. And he hates it. The way the memories come and go as they please. Thrashing at his skull like a wave storming the shore.

Clawing impatiently as they force their way back in. The crushing feeling of being trapped. And he hates it. Not being able to control when they decide to come and go. He brushes his hand over his face, letting his finger run through his somewhat damp hair as his other hand reaches out to claw at the cool bed sheets.

He feels the pain of a scream wanting to ripple through his throat but he holds it in. Letting it catch in his throat. Not daring to wake up the rest of the compound. He tries to catch his breath. His thoughts.