Whispers

Dedicated to nescience for cover

--------------------------------------------------

It was February and she had been waiting there. 

The snow was piling around her and her breath was coming out in white, short puffs, but she was sure they were coming out pink because of her red lipstick.  Silas said he was going to be there in five, but that has half an hour ago.  Her ears hurt and her nose was runny.  The white LED light she was standing under washed out the color of her skin. 

"God damn it, Silas!" she screamed at the car that pulled up to her.

"Gee, sorry, sorry," he said to her sheepishly.

"You asshole," she hissed at him as she slammed the door.

"Hey, be careful with that!"  And to pay him back for being late, she opened the door and slammed it again as hard as she could.  "Okay, okay!  I'm sorry!"  She grinned at him as he put his hands on the steering wheel and pressed his foot on the accelerator. 

It wasn't until they were halfway there that she felt another shiver down her spine and the chill of death at the base of her neck.  It wasn't the first time it had happened in the past year, but they had gotten more and more frequent. 

And sometimes, she could feel a caress against her face or neck.

"You okay?" Silas asked her.  Her vision started to blur and water.

"Yeah, I'm fine.  I'm going to sleep a bit, okay?"  Silas said something after that, but she wasn't sure what because she leaned back in the seat and fell asleep.

Revani...  Revani...

Her soul was getting tugged.

Where are you...?

YOU BITCH! 

Emotions assaulted her, rage pulled at her hair and an overriding blast of hate came at her, swelling her throat and-

And then she woke up.

Silas had just parked and the motor of the car had been turned off.

"Isa, wake up."  She swatted his hand away and sat up in the chair.

"I'm up, I'm up."  Silas studied her and his eyebrows started to furrow before the edges of his lips dipped into a frown.

"You okay?"  She ran a hand through her hair.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" 

----

A/N So new crap.