Chapter 16

Narrator's POV

"Clear!"

Nothing.

"Charge it to 150."

Once again, nothing.

The ambulance Jeongyeon was in was speeding to the hospital. Inside, they were trying to get her heart beating but there was still no pulse. This was the 3rd time the paramedic, Jihoon, had used the AED machine and all three times he got no response.

"Jihoon I think we need to call it off." One of the paramedics said as he was treating another one of Jeongyeon's wounds.

"No I'm not doing that." Jihoon replied.

"We've done it three times! You might cause more damage to her heart!"

"The damage we WILL be causing is seeing her members, family and fans crying over her dying and us knowing we didn't do everything we could! So let me do what I have to do!" Jihoon replied, yelling.

Once more he activated the AED machine at a higher voltage.

"Clear!" Jeongyeon's body jerked for the 4th time due to the voltage.

Jihoon looked at the monitor. Nothing. The line was flat. The flat line continued. Jihoon was about to give in, but before he looked away he noticed a small wave. His eyes widened and he looked back at Jeongyeon.

"What did I tell you? She isn't going to wake up." The other paramedic said.

Jihoon ignored him and looked at beeping of the machine.

"She's back. Jeongyeon's back." Jihoon sighed.

The other paramedic looked beyond shocked. He could have sworn Jeongyeon wasn't going to make it. She went 10 minutes without her heart beating.

The driver told them they were almost at the hospital so they prepped her to be transported. When they reached the emergency room drop off point they opened the ambulance doors and rolled her out. Nurses and doctors were already waiting there and immediately asked for her diagnosis.

"The patient is Yoo Jeongyeon. 24. She took a hit on the back of her head. Her jaw has been dislocated. Her left lung is collapsing. She was impaled at her abdomen. Her heart condition isn't stable. Earlier she was on the AED, I charged four times." Jihoon reported.

One of the doctors gave him a look.

"Four times?"

"Yes. She wasn't beating for about 15 minutes."

"You could've killed her."

"Yeah well I didn't and I did my job getting the patient here. So you do your job in fixing her." he told the doctor off.

The doctor didn't have a response and immediately gave orders to the medical staff, to bring Jeongyeon up to the surgery room.
This was going to be a long, complicated surgery.

~

Similiar to anything related to a celebrity be it bad or good, the news of the accident had spread around the world like fire. Every news website and social media platform were all about Jeongyeon. Due to this viral effect, it was about time the girls found out about it in the middle of their concert. They were currently resting before they have to go back on again.

"Jeongyeon is trending number one on Twitter." Sana said amused as she went online.

"Huh. I guess the fans liked us singing her song."

"Too bad she wasn't there when we performed it."

"I don't think I would be able to take it if she were. I'd probably end up crying in the middle of the performance." Tzuyu admitted.