These were the books he'd pocketed from Virgil that day in the cafeteria and he was going to get the villain back for what he'd done. He'd been working to get with Roman for ages and this insane villain just pops by, bickers with Roman, spends one night with him as a cat or something and then thinks he has the right to take what was Ali's'. Ali had let everyone know that Roman was his, he had pushed them all away from Roman, desperate to make Roman his and his alone, but Virgil had ignored that. And Ali was going to get him back for it.

His plan? Simple. Get Virgil sent to the school counsellor so that he can't stay with Roman all the time and the prince was left to Ali. Nothing could go wrong, he had sorted it all out. He was to tell the Fairy Godmother that these books had fell from Virgil's' bag and Ali had picked them up and was going to give them back until his curiosity had gotten the better of him and he couldn't help but take a look, then he saw these notes and it had simply scared him.

Ali breathed in quickly and his face morphed easily into fearful worry.

"Fairy Godmother! Oh, Fairy Godmother!" He gasped, opening the door and rushing in.

The Fairy Godmother spun around from the window, her sleeve falling back down her arm, and Ali couldn't comment on her horrified expression or her fast breathing until the story was done. "A-Ali, my boy! Wh-What's the matter?" She stammered.

"Oh, it's horrible, Fairy Godmother, simple horrible! It's Maleficent's' son, Virgil, I'm so worried about him!" Ali threw the books down on the table. "He's been- He's been acting so weird recently and now... Now I see why!" He sounded perfectly breathless and his eyes were stretched in shock. Ali had always been a brilliant actor.

The Fairy Godmother crossed over to her desk and picked up the notebook filled with crazy symbols. "Sleep sorcery..." She mumbled with a frown, pushing it to the side as she looked at the next book. "A-And a book about me-? I- Ali, what's this about, what do you mean by all this?"

Ali shook his head, bottom lip quivering. "Oh, it's the notes he's written to himself that are the worst! They're just so- so nerve-wracking, I can't even imagine what he must be going through!"

"The notes?" The Fairy Godmother asked as she flicked open the book she had stated was on sleep-sorcery. She stiffened when she saw one on the first page.

"Yes, the notes, that's one of them just there! It is so scary, Fairy Godmother,  I'm really worried-"

"This can't be Virgil's' handwriting..." She cut him off and Ali hid the annoyance of his interrupted performance.

Ali tilted his head innocently, putting a hand to his chest. "Really? Thank the lord, I was so worried for Virgil-"

"This is Maleficent's' handwriting."

Ali stiffened, jaw dropping and eyes widening in genuine fear and surprise. "Wh-What? Maleficent? How-"

The Fairy Godmother shook her head sadly. "I don't know how, but she must be back in Auradon or about to get back to Auradon through Virgil. I can feel it."

"But-But there's no way! The Isle is secure, there's no way Maleficent can be coming back!" Cried Ali, forgetting all about his petty revenge. Maleficent was a threat that got you to forget any personal issues you had with people. That was the sort of fairy she was.

The doors burst open and the two jumped in fear.

"Fairy Godmother! Have you seen Roman?" It was Patton, with Logan in close second. "He was supposed to come and help us study about half an hour, he's never this late. Do you know if he's got detention or something?"

She didn't answer for a solid minute, staring at Patton. Then she jerked into life, crossing over to her mirror, pulling up the floaty sleeve of her dominant arm.