"But I can't be in two places at one time." He chuckled softly.

"I know, I'm sorry." I apologized to him and he pulled me back to him, letting me sulk in the crook of his neck.

"It's aight, baby."

"I understand you gon' through a lot right na'. Just keep on baking my son."

"Amiri." I blurted out as we pulled away from each other.

"Yeah, ma. Keep on baking Amiri. I got everything else." He nodded, making me smile.

Breaking us away from our gaze, his room door opened, making us both look.

"Oh shit." Deja tried to quickly close the door.

"Deja." I called sternly and she sighed deeply, coming back into the room.

"I thought this monster was sleep." She said jokingly to Dom as they both laughed at me.

"Where are the cupcakes I asked for to go with my ice cream?" I asked her. She'd had cupcakes earlier and told me she'd get me some later since she didn't want to share hers.

"They ran out." She joked as they both continued to laugh at me and I sat there without an ounce of play in me.

"Aight, stop laughin' at my baby." Dominic cleared his throat once he saw that I was serious.

"I'a go get you some tomorrow, Aight?"

"Tonight." I spoke sternly, poking my lip out.

"Aight, baby."

"Tonight."

*

Next day

"So living arrangements.." I trailed off from the floor, looking up at Dom as he painted the walls of Amiri's room.

"I don't know, ma."

"I wun' live together but we ain't even figure what we doing yet.." He trailed off, making me roll my eyes.

"Dominic, we've already established that we're together. And I told you I would be your wife after I have Amiri."

"What other form of validation do you need?"

"Tell me you my girl." He went on, making me turn my lip up as he turned around to me with a smile.

"I'm your girl, Dominic." I rolled my eyes and he nodded slowly.

"Aight then. We gon' live together." He shrugged and I smiled wide, completely happy now.

We'd never came to a clear understanding of how we were going to raise Amiri in two separate households.

Dominic had just started school a few months ago and he was planning on getting an apartment since he didn't want Amiri to be raised in his neighborhood and I was working and still had my own apartment to myself. But I figured why not just live together, save money and we won't have to make extra trips with him.

"Are you sure you want to?" I asked, just to make sure he was completely sure about this.

"Baby.." He trailed off, stopping what he was doing all together and putting the paint brush down. He then walked over to me and helped me to my feet. We looked into each other's eyes a while before he began to speak.

"Listen to me." He spoke sternly and I listened intently.

"If I ain't wun' live witchu I wouldn't."

"I just don't want you to feel obligated to open your space to a nigga just because we about to have Amiri." He explained and I nodded slowly, completely understanding where he was coming from.

Loyalty (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें