A sweat drop appeared on the back of her head. 'But the ladder is only...' she trailed off, referring to the ladder that wasn't as tall as he exaggerated.

"After all, what would Kuchiki say if anything happens to the baby while you're under my watch?" he added, looking at her over his shoulder. "As your Captain, I can't let anything happen to both of you."

Asa smiled at this as her hand rubbed the six-month bump protruding from her Shihakusho. As the bump was becoming more noticeable, she had to adjust her obi by pulling it up so it wouldn't restrict it. "You're right." she said before looking back at him sheepishly. "I'm sorry."

Her Captain returned the smile with a smirk. "You have nothing to be sorry about." he assured, turning back to the documents on his table as he went to take a seat. "You've already proven to be a great mother, so I trust that you know what's best for your child. I just wouldn't want to face Kuchiki's wrath when I'd swore to keep an eye on you." He was about to reach for his brush when a thought came across him. "Speaking of which, how's Hirohito?"

A little boy with slate grey eyes and chin-length black hair was blinking owlishly at the ground beneath him. He was clad in a dark blue kimono with a light grey obi secured around his waist, and had a messenger bag strapped to his back. He dug out a book and looked between the strange orange plant on the ground and the book, seeming to be confirming that this was what he was looking for. With a triumphant smile, he put away the book and bent down to pluck the plant, putting inside his bag before using Flash Step to arrive at a house.

"Kanako-baasan!" he called from the doorway. "I've returned!"

Upon hearing her name, the old woman stepped out from the back room and smiled widely at the sight of the boy. "Why, Hiro-chan!" she greeted, walking towards him. "Welcome back! Did you find the orange clove?"

The said boy gave a curt nod. He reached into his bag once more and retrieved the orange plant. "Here you go!"

"Thank you so much, dearie!" said Kanako gratefully before gesturing towards the boxes of vegetables on the racks. "Here, take some vegetables. Think of it as a token of appreciation. I'm sure your mother would love them."

After thanking her, the little boy picked up some vegetables and put them inside his bag. It was a little heavy for him, especially with the addition of a big daikon radish, but he merely tightened the strap and began making his way towards the door. On his way back home, he heard some rustling coming from a box laying on the side of the empty street of Rukongai. Curiosity got the best of him, and he knelt down to open the box. When he saw its content, his face lit up and a smile etched on his face. He closed back the box and picked it up before making his way home.

Back at the Kuchiki Family Manor, Hirohito dropped off the vegetables in the kitchen much to the delight of the family chef who'd received fresh vegetables. When that was done, he took the box to the garden and gently placed on the ground to open it. He reached in and, as slowly as he could, he brought a pair of Silver Fox rabbits out, followed by their two bunnies. He got rid of the box and watched the rabbit family explore the garden until the adults found a suitable spot to dig their home.

"Hirohito, what are you doing?" came a voice from behind.

The said boy turned around and smiled. "Okaa-san!" he greeted before fixating his gaze on the rabbits. "I'm watching the bunnies find their new home."

Asa, who had changed into a light green kimono with a gold obi, raised her brows at him. "Rabbits?" she repeated. She looked towards the garden and noticed the black bundle of furs dashing across the garden, and chuckled. 'I wonder how would Byakuya react when he sees this.' she thought. With one hand on the bump, she took a seat next to the boy, joining him on watching the new addition to the garden. "I used to bring a flock of ducklings to the Sasaki Family Manor."