32 : Daydreams or Nightmares

Começar do início

"Do you like my choice?" He said suddenly, pulling you out of your admiration for the place.

You slyly replied, "I do, you have really good taste." You placed your chin on the palm of your hand and gazed at him with a smug expression. He only chuckled and leaned forward to meet your gaze, adding more intensity to it.

"That's good." You chuckled and leaned back, changing your expression to one, still full of affection, just more cold. "Is something wrong, Snowball?" He inquisitively asked, looking more worried than before.

"Nah, everything's fine. I'm just thinking about how the hell I'm supposed to get Inosuke to cooperate..." you scratched your cheek with an awkward smile, turning your gaze to an old looking vase. It reminded you of the attack on the swordsmith village, coincidentally bringing back the nightmare you had earlier.

"Oh! You mean boar mask boy! Just show him your way is more powerful!" You sweatdropped at the simpleness of what he just said. Sometimes you wondered if he used his head for anything other than attacking his enemies like Tanjiro... maybe that's why he always comes back with bandages around his head...

You sighed and smiled again, "I suppose that could work."

"Aren't you also helping Mitsuko-chan?" He asked remembering something about her passing each level quite fast.

"Oh, yeah. She'll be good to go in a few weeks, she catches on surprisingly fast and is really open to suggestions. I swear, I'm not cut out for this teaching crap." You complained, but sat up properly, "Enough about my students, though, how's Tanjiro coming along? I can see really high potential for the boy!" Kyojuro looked away with a grimace and a small 'tsk' making you chuckle, "He can't be that bad, don't you think you're over exaggerating?" He shook his head as visible goosebumps appeared on his skin.

"He's sure got drive... he kinda scares me, (Y/N). If you want him, take him."

You sighed, "Is that why you look so tired?" You interrogated him. He smiled guiltily, adding a nod. You hummed, thinking for a moment, "How about Mitsuko and him have a sparring session for the day? It would help evaluate their strengths and weaknesses. Not to mention, it would give you a day to yourself to hang out with Senjuro. I heard from Shinobu that he's been very worried about your distance from him, emotionally, I mean." You coerced, effectively.

He thought your words over carefully. When he finally a decision, he sighed, "Alright, but what will you be doing?"

"Getting shit through the thick skulled boar boy." You smiled and leaned forward, placing a small kiss on his nose, "Don't worry, I'll kill Tanjiro for you." You chuckled happily, watching the red rise to his cheeks as food was brought to you. Neither of you could be called 'regulars' for the restaurant, but the definitely knew you and what you wanted. Very memorable folks. So they knew what you wanted and brought it out respectfully. You both thanked the waiter and began eating, both of you obviously starved.

Dinner quickly came to a close as Kyojuro was adamant about walking you back to the butterfly estate. It was a chilly night, but the two of you walked hand in hand once again alongside the beautiful stream beside the path you took. The gentle reflection of the water made your face heat up at the now realized close proximity of your bodies.

However, it also reminded you of Upper Moon One and his ruthlessness in your dream. It angered you, but also scared you slightly. Kyojuro noticed you sudden conflicted tone and expression and stopped the movements of his feet, halting yours in the process.

"Tell me what is bothering you, (Y/N). I can't help if you don't voice your thoughts." He didn't know what to expect as your gaze turned towards the water with a sorrowful expression. He assumed the worse, but didn't act impulsively knowing what kind of person you are. 'If she didn't want this, she'd tell me, or would have told me from the beginning.' He thought to himself, trying to convince himself.

You inhaled and exhaled softly for a moment and lifted your gaze slowly to meet his, "I just, have a feeling something bad will happened during the war against the demons." You spoke half truths to make it seem more natural.

"This is more than just a bad feeling, (Y/N). Stop beating around the bush, when have you ever been that kind of person?" His tone was harsh as his expressions showed annoyance causing you to flinch.

"I... don't really wanna talk about it..."

"Are you scared of something? Afraid of losing people? I don't know what's bothering you unless you tell me, Snowball. I can't help, and it..."

You sighed knowing he wouldn't give up, seeing at how much it was effecting you. "I had a nightmare." Those simple words took him off guard.

He gulped, "What kind of nightmare?" You gave a pleading look, hoping he understood you didn't want to explain. He shook his head and pulled you close to his chest, lovingly. "Alright, tell me when you're ready... but, Snowball, I want you to know... You shouldn't fear death. Even if one of us dies in the upcoming battle, or any other after it, we'll wait for one another in the afterlife. No matter what, I love you, and we'll always be together, no matter how many times we die." His words caused tears to fall from your eyes as you dug your nails into the clothing covering his back. Judging by your reaction, Kyojuro figured your nightmare probably had to do with the death of someone close to you.

After the cry fest, you pulled your wet face away from his now damp shirt and smiled up at his sweetly, "Thank you, Kyojuro. I needed to hear those words, from you." You put an emphasis on 'from you' so you knew he understood what you meant. "Since the fight with Kokushibo, I occasionally get nightmares about what I can assume as possibilities of the future." You chuckled and grabbed his hand tightly, leading him towards Shinobu's estate. "It's a continuous battle between daydreams and nightmares I suppose." You laughed and began skipping.

Outside the mansion, you saw both Giyu and Sabito waiting outside for your return. Kyojuro smiled at their overprotective aura, he was glad you had such great friends and that he knew them personally.

"Giyu! Sabito! You haven't been outside long, right? Let's get you warmed up inside!" You gave them no time to answer as you ushered in all three boys to a room with a fireplace. You started a fire and sat in front of the fire smiling innocently at the three boys who you've known since childhood.

"Why did you return so late, (Y/N)?" Giyu asked with no emotion in his voice. It was clear he had been worried.

"Did you think I'd let someone hurt her?" Kyojuro asked, sounding a bit offended by his statement.

Sabito glared at him, "She's been sneaking out a lot recently, we had no clue she was with you."

You chuckled as the boys began arguing and bickering like siblings. It was refreshing, "Although it may be true I sneak out on the days the skies are clear, Kyojuro took me on a date tonight." You chuckled watching his face turn a bright red at your words.

Sabuto and Giyu turned their attention towards you, then back to Kyojuro only shouting at him louder than before. You sweatdropped, 'they aren't my parents though-...' you thought as you watched them scold Kyojuro for taking you out without their permission first.

"Do I really need your permission, though? As long as I have Snowball's I should be fine, right?" He said with little thought put into it, obviously, but it made sense.

Surprisingly enough, both boys turned their attention to each other and sighed with smiles, "We can't say that's not true, but we did worry for no reason. You should have told us, (Y/N), especially while you're still healing." Giyu loudly claimed with crossed arms. You let out a hearty laugh and pulled the three into a large hug.

"I'm glad I have you guys." Your sudden action of affection forced Giyu's and Sabito's face to light up, becoming a matching color of Kyojuro's red hair pieces. Kyojuro in the middle, and was coincidentally pushed towards your chest. Your muscles stiffened automatically, but quickly recovered as you chuckled and let the trio go, standing to your feet and sitting on Kyojuro's crosses legs, pulling your knees close to your chest.

With a small smile, Kyojuro placed his chin on your shoulder and wrapped his hands around your waist.

"Daydreams and nightmares." You whispered and watched the wood burn slowly in the fireplace as Giyu and Sabito laid their heads on either one of Kyojuro's shoulders, peacefully.

"Daydreams and nightmares..." Kyojuro repeated after you.

*not proof read, sorry!! Hope you enjoyed!!